good Multifunction or scanner?

Canuck1

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2007
I am shopping for a Multifunction machine and/or scanner for my Linux computer. I will have a Windows computer, too, but I want the machine to work half decently with Linux. I'll be using either Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Debian or Fedora or a combination thereof.

I am mostly looking at HP and Epson and want to spend less than $200. Can anyone recommend anything?

I thought of:
HP Photosmart C3180
Epson Stylus CX3810

I'm not sure yet if those machines are any good. I've only started to research but I would like to get something soon. I know they are compatible but I don't know if they are good inherently on their own or what.

In particular, I need the scanning part.

If anyone knows of anything to recommend, it would be great to read a reply or two of a recommendation and the reason for it.

Thanks.

Canuck1

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2007
What about the Canon LiDe 60? It's outdated but still available for sale at a low price (relatively speaking) and is supported by SANE (albeit, not in a complete way).

I thought it might be sufficient. I couldn't find any scanners available for Linux that were at a decent price. I would have to buy used or go for a cheap Canon. The used ones aren't bad but in many cases, software would not be included (if I wanted to use it on Windows, too).

TRENDING THREADS