klaatu

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
First of all I am not a programmer but I am having processor error problem with win2k pro. I installed ATI x850 pro with all the catalyst installation. I also installed win2K SP4 service pack. But now when I start windows after logging in I get the message

cli.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services

Process id=0x3e0(992), Thread id=0x3dc(988)

When I press CANCEL, a new message says:

Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2(2). Please check computer settings.

cordbg.exe !a 0x3e0

Click on retry to have the process wait while attaching debugger manually.

I did back up my system files using the backup program. I also created an emergency repair disk at the same time.

Can you tell me how I can get rid of the runtime error message that windows is generating?
I downloaded the JIT debugger utility from microsoft but I am reluctant to use it before consulting with someone.

klaatu

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
Well I went further. I uninstalled the entire software suite and then installed windows installer 3.1, SP_4, the win2k service pack/controller driver from adaptec and then reistalled the catalyst suite once again. Oila! Everything is working fine; no error messages and running smoothly but when I try to run a dvd I get video but no sound. I have a C-media card installed and I checked it in device manager for functionablility. It passed muster and is compatible with the OS. How do I get the sound to work?
My processor is intel (1900mhz) 64bit and the video card X850 pro 256mb.
Any help is greatly appreciated!