eQuake and SP cheats, hook, etc.

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

Ok, I have eQuake installed and running. It was VERY easy to do, so
for who's responsible for my continued heated addiction to Quake CTF,
thanks a lot! :eek:))

I've just started reading through the docs. I DO see that fuhQuake is a
completely different quake, and it doesn't pay attention to a lot of the
old commands and cvars. Would someone tell me how to set up and use the
hook in SP? Then there are all the usual suspects; god, the give all
"impulse 101", give nails, give rockets, etc.

Thanks!

--
McGrandpa [AGQx]

> Ok, I have eQuake installed and running. It was VERY easy to do, so for
> who's responsible for my continued heated addiction to Quake CTF, thanks a
> lot! :eek:))
>
> I've just started reading through the docs. I DO see that fuhQuake is a
> completely different quake, and it doesn't pay attention to a lot of the
> old commands and cvars. Would someone tell me how to set up and use the
> hook in SP? Then there are all the usual suspects; god, the give all
> "impulse 101", give nails, give rockets, etc.

I don't know about the hook, but for regular cheats, you need to add
"-cheats" to your startup command line. They're off by default in FuhQuake.

A good manual is here: http://fuhquake.quakeworld.nu/

Matthew Vaughan wrote:
>> Ok, I have eQuake installed and running. It was VERY easy to do, so
>> for who's responsible for my continued heated addiction to Quake
>> CTF, thanks a lot! :eek:))
>>
>> I've just started reading through the docs. I DO see that fuhQuake
>> is a completely different quake, and it doesn't pay attention to a
>> lot of the old commands and cvars. Would someone tell me how to set
>> up and use the hook in SP? Then there are all the usual suspects;
>> god, the give all "impulse 101", give nails, give rockets, etc.
>
> I don't know about the hook, but for regular cheats, you need to add
> "-cheats" to your startup command line. They're off by default in
> FuhQuake.
> A good manual is here: http://fuhquake.quakeworld.nu/

Ah! Thang you very much!
McG.