Syncing with Outlook calendar

August 6, 2005 1:43:46 AM

Hi, can anyone help with my problem. I just bought a Dell Axim and after
installing Microsoft ActiveSync everything seems to work except I can't get
the appoinments on my desktop to appear on the PDA. If I enter appoinments
on the PDA they appear on the desktop. Has anyone seen this problem before?

Cheers

Helen
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 11:47:58 AM

Helen,
when starting the first sync, you get some message asking which
"direction" you want to sync. From DT to PPC , from PPC to DT , BOTH?
Please go back to syncing options and select the right one.
So: Active sync , options, calendar, sync options+settings and check
alternatives.
Hope this works
Pucci
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 3:52:34 PM

"Helen Richardson" <0001608235@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Hi, can anyone help with my problem. I just bought a Dell Axim and after
>installing Microsoft ActiveSync everything seems to work except I can't get
>the appoinments on my desktop to appear on the PDA. If I enter appoinments
>on the PDA they appear on the desktop. Has anyone seen this problem before?

Do you have a filter set up by chance? In ActiveSync, select Tools,
Options and look at the Calendar settings. You want it to select ALL
appointments.

If that fails, run SCANPST on your Outlook data file. See
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287497/ for directions. Close outlook
and undock your Pocket PC before doing this. If there are any
corruption issues, this should fix it, and those may be preventing
ActiveSync from seeing the data and properly syncing.