gudodayn

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
I've recently encountered an odd problem.
I was using my PC one day and all of a sudden I realize of the programs and functions dont work...........eg. antivirus program disabled, no network, opening new windows when double clicking on a folder though I've set it to open in the same folder.
Anyway, this is Microsoft Windows......it's suppose to mess up every now and then.
So I thought I'll reboot to solve this little situation.
Rebooted and back into Windows, same problem exsists.
I thought stuff it.....lets re-install!!!
First thing back into Windows, things were working fine again except no drivers for VGA and icons are HUGE!!
Continued to install Nvidia platform / VGA drivers.......and weird things started happening again.....

I noticed there are 2 ODD processes running after I install the drivers, they are ............. hsowxuq.exe & xvxmpsq.exe
I've searched online and didnt come up with anything.....
Does anyone here know if these two processes are the cause to my problems?

gudodayn

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
World of doo-doos?
Sounds like something couple of my friends would say in OZ.
Anyway, I did find a way to disable it but the problem is that I cant stop the effect of the viruses!!
Hopefully someone will give me a clue on how this thing can be removed....

NewbieTechGodII

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Sadly, system restore doesn't do squat.

But getting back to the OP: I hate to say this, but go ahead and reformat your drives (maybe even more than once), and then reinstall your OS. Avoid installing any software that isn't needed to operate your hardware (in otherwords: do not install programs you found on the 'net, especially all of those "cool add-ins").

My wife gets in a lot of trouble because she's always downloading **** for the Sims II and half of it is either poorly coded (and causes crashes), or loaded with spyware. I've since stopped offering her technical support.

One thing I like to do (well, I don't really like it, but I do it anyhow), is to install the OS, install all updates for it and the hardware, and make whatever settings I need to make, and then use Ghost to create a backup of the system.

I then install 3rd party software one at a time. After I determine that it doesn't cause any problems, I then make a new backup and then delete the old one. I keep doing this until everything is installed and working correctly (yeah, it can take some time).

The upside to all of this is that you can quickly pinpoint which programs cause erratic behavior. I learned, for example, that several MS updates broke functionality of several MS products (as in Visual Studio, SQL Server, and IIS/IIS help)! The fixes required some emails to MS and some regedits and command line command things.

mike99

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
Before you wipe it, try CHKDSK /F from command prompt. After the reboot, check Event Viewer - Applications to see if errors repaired. If Yes, repeat until none,

Mike.