trencin

Distinguished
May 12, 2006
I was wondering If you need a Floppy drive to install SATA HDD's with vista ?? Or is that a thing of the past with XP only now.
Thanks for any upcoming help. I am not planning on buying Vista yet until they fix their stuff but I am wondeirng if I will need a floppy drive haha.

Solution
If you are using a SATA hard drive, AM2 motherboards do not require a SATA driver to be installed from a floppy for BIOS to recognize the drive. RAID drivers will need to be installed with a floppy drive prior to installing an OS on the RAID setup.

Vista has nothing to do with a motherbpard requiring a SATA driver being installed before the drive can be detected in the MB's BIOS and an OS being installed on the drive. It depends on the motherboard you are using. If the MB you have presently required a floppy drive to install a SATA HD using Windows XP, you will need the same floppy drive to install Vista onto that MB.

If you are using a SATA hard drive, AM2 motherboards do not require a SATA driver to be installed from a floppy for BIOS to recognize the drive. RAID drivers will need to be installed with a floppy drive prior to installing an OS on the RAID setup.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS