Comp won't boot past motherboard screen

ihs97

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2005
So, here's the deal. My computer will NOT boot past the motherboard screen. I have an Intel 865PERL board.

I turn it on, it first does a mem check on my vid card, then it goes to the motherboard screen, but there it hangs...into oblivion. I thought it was the battery on the motherboard. I changed it, and it SEEMED to work for about a week or so. Now, its doing it to me again. So i wondered if it just burnt up the battery. Nope...i tested the battery in one of my LED torchlights and its fine ( I also took out the battery that I knew worked in my torchlight and put it in the motherboard). So, what do some of you computer gurus think? I've tried to google this, but it seems noone actually has this problem haha they just can't get their machines to boot when its actually POSTing or showing the RAM data screen.

My guess? my motherboard is finally going out. But I could be wrong. Got any thoughts? (and no...i dont have a thumbdrive plugged into my machine, or a flashcard, or anything at this point).

xasphalt

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011

I'm onto Google search for an answer to my same problem that started this morning, bleep. Did you figure it out??? If you did, could you please post!?

xasphalt

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
I'm posting so someone else might come across this and solve this problem. In searching quite a number of posts, I came across the suggestion to turn machine off, unplug all USB connects except for the mouse and keyboard, boot up again. Boy, was I happy that this did the trick! HTH someone!

TRENDING THREADS