Vista Security - Is it like XP???

plazma

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2007
I was just curious... is Vista doing the same crap like XP did... when you put a new video card or whatever in and it sees it as a different computer, that it locks up and makes you call Microsoft to unlock it for you

Just curious if Vista does that at all... i hope it doesnt.. not sure if microsoft disabled that after the fact on XP or what....

Thanks for any info

Solution
MS product activation is here to stay. It should take a lot more than a simple video card change for it to ask for reactivation though... usually bugs you only if you change the motherboard. However, if you change enough of the other components, that will trigger it as well.
MS product activation is here to stay. It should take a lot more than a simple video card change for it to ask for reactivation though... usually bugs you only if you change the motherboard. However, if you change enough of the other components, that will trigger it as well.

Solution

plazma

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2007
Thanks.. wasnt sure.. i guess thats why i liked the corp edition of XP cause you could do anything to it and it wouldnt flinch at all. Too bad they dont make a version of Vista like that, not that i know of :)