Can ram failure cause your system to..?

minizzle

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2007
Can ram failure cause you system to not POST or show no video output...
my computer has been down... and i had recently built it and it ran for 2 days..first day i played a game and it randomly restarted. but the second day i turned it on .. left the room for 2 mins came back and it had no video signal...

i tested it on a workin monitor.. no video signal
ive tried to swap vid card with new one.. no video signal
the other day i installed a new mobo.. same thing. no vid signal
so can it be the RAM that mnight've failed...
i havent ruled out PS either but RAM is my next thought to try to swap./

so my question is can RAM failure cause the no video signal..??

the RAM is 1gb patriot.

akhilles

Splendid
Yes. Faulty ram or no ram will cause the pc to not post at all, but everything will be up & spinning.

Were you overclocking? Did you update bios & not clear cmos? Try resetting cmos as per manual.

minizzle

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2007
no no OC no nothing.. i tried the CMOS clearing.. maybe the ram the failed.. ryte? i gotta get hold of a DDR2 ram to swap thanks.. i didnt update bios or nothing either

minizzle

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2007
actually i've thought about the beeps.. yes only wen i plug in the case speaker.. i get basically a repetitive beep every other second

AWARD BIOS

http://www.ictaid.com/beep.htm ( the second one..)

Repeating (Endless loop) .. Memory error ..Bad memory or bad connection

yeah thats the one.. bad connection what could that mean..

but yeah just gotta try to swap the ram ASAP to see what happens

minizzle

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2007
Yeah i've tried it in every slot, i think that ram just failed.. read reviews on it agian.. some people had faulty.. or had it running a few days then all the sudden it doesn't work. And on the one of the days my computer DID work.. i had a random restart.. and a guy in the review experienced that. but i gotta try to get a replacement...