How can i Bypass log in screen?

fishquail

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
My computer used to boot right into the windows desktop, -which was great! - but now, for some reason (after adding a Hard drive) - it decided it wants to boot into the user welcome screen. I want it to turn on and go right into the desktop.

I went into user controls, and deleted all accounts other than me but now it still boots up into the password screen. (Yes, i have administrator rights and the guest account is off)

what can i do? why did this happen?

G

Start --> Run --> control userpasswords2 Highlight your username and uncheck the box for "users must enter a user name ...".

Grumpy

fishquail

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
Wow! Thanks! I had no idea...
There is a hidden User passwords window that you cant get to without typing in a command! Does this mean there are other hidden windows i cant get to without typing in commands? I would like to know more.

Still this donst explain how my computer manages to switch itself to this hidden setting, but at least now i know how to fix it.

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
My computer didn't had that login screen but after I installed Quickbooks it started appearing.

It has to do with Quickbooks installing .NeT 1.1

I think that it creates another user, just delete that user and it will be fine

fishquail

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
Yeah, maybe thats it. For some reason there was a user profile named Net1.1 framework or something like that and i deleted it.