LOGITECH G15 Gaming Keyboard
Razer Tarantula Gaming Keyboard

Best Gaming Mouse?

LOGITECH G5 Laser Gaming Mouse
RAZER Diamondback Salamander Gaming Mouse

Thanatos421

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2007
I use a G15 + Razer Copperhead and I love it. The Razer mice take a little getting used to, but once you have a feel for them, they are very responsive.

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
The best?

Logitech G5 Mouse and Logitech G15 Keyboard. Those are the best according to performance reports. But If you're used to Razer Mice then you're better off getting one of those. If you aren't, then stick with the Logitech.

G7 is also VERY good, it's only downside is not the fact that it's wireless but the length of time the batteries keep a charge (having to change batteries in the middle of a game is a bitch). There is no Wireless Latency anymore. It's the same amount of latency as a corded mouse if you can believe it.

Twisted_Sister

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
The best?

Logitech G5 Mouse and Logitech G15 Keyboard. Those are the best according to performance reports. But If you're used to Razer Mice then you're better off getting one of those. If you aren't, then stick with the Logitech.

G7 is also VERY good, it's only downside is not the fact that it's wireless but the length of time the batteries keep a charge (having to change batteries in the middle of a game is a bitch). There is no Wireless Latency anymore. It's the same amount of latency as a corded mouse if you can believe it.

I have the G15... how do I get the LCD to display my CPU temp?

Thanatos421

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2007
Only one way I know of so far. Download Speedfan and Google the LCD app for Speedfan. I'm sure someone could write a more efficient script to do it, but I haven't seen it yet.

Neotriple

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2006
I've got the Saitek Eclipse II, along with a G5 as well.

I hate the Saitek, possibly because I like a lighter touch keyboard. So, thats a preferance problem. I love my G5, even more so than the MX518, because, believe it or not, I like mice when they are heavier.

For keyboard, sometimes it can be a matter of preference. Mouse also, should fit the persons' hand.

No1sFanboy

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
I'm partial to my g15, g5 combo. The mouse could be argued but for obvious reasons (LCD) the g15 keyboard is in it's own class. I did have the problem of some keys wearing on the keyboard. I understand it was fixed but for me my heavy use keys now have a gloss finish from my wife's clear nail polish.
Some purchases are OK, sometimes the product is nothing like you expected and you have buyer's remorse. The g15 keyboard 18 months later is still a pleasure.

aonhagen

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
For the Keyboard the G15, no questions about it.

The LCD is actually very useful, it can show you important information.

Depending in some games you can see the Wispers (WoW), ping (Red orchestra), Whos taking on ventrilo (VERY useful), your FPS with fraps, the name of the song that is playing now, the time.

The macros could be very useful AND the backlight (Extremely useful for me).

For the mouse... it can be tricky.

I have a razer back diamond with the exact mouse pad, it is expensive but good.

But the problem is that it took me a while to get used to it because you only use your fingers to move it while with the others mouses you can rest the hand on the mouse. It is more precise for that. Maybe the G5 is a better option

The best keyboard I've ever used is an IBM Model M. It weighs roughly 5 pounds, is PS/2-only, and has the proper number of keys- 101. (Who needs all of those extra ones anyway if you've got a decent keyboard? I understand all of the buttons if the keyboard sucks- I'd want to use it as little as possible, too :D ) It's also a little noisy. But it has honestly the best tactile response of any keyboard I've used- nicely weighted with a clean break upon key press. It's not one of those breathe-on-it-and-it-will-type Dell laptop keyboards nor is it mushy like most newer keyboards are.

For a mouse, Logitech makes nice ones. I am using a lower-end MX 310 optical and it suits me just fine. I am very keyboard-centric, so I suppose anything would work for me when I'd just pull up the "Run command" dialog, or more accurately, gram an open terminal, and type in what I need to do. The mouse just serves to drag windows around between the two screens for the most part.

waelh2001

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2007
hi
i will advice you to get the best of everything....from the mouse side i have aG7 Logitech and from the keyboard side i have razer trantula ....i have read several and several articles about both and the differences between them..if u want the conclusion ;)
Go for the trantula....believe me it looks greater and it has anti ghosting capability:)

zarooch

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
Best Gaming Keyboard?

Saitek 104-Key Eclipse Backlit Gaming Keyboard
Saitek 104-Key Eclipse II Backlit Gaming Keyboard
LOGITECH G15 Gaming Keyboard
Razer Tarantula Gaming Keyboard

Best Gaming Mouse?

LOGITECH G5 Laser Gaming Mouse
RAZER Diamondback Salamander Gaming Mouse

:/ this is the CPU section!

ZafaZ

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2007
Hi,

Just to add one that hasn't been mentioned yet,

What would be a better mouse, Logitech G5 or Creative Fatal1ty 1010, in Australia these are about the same price, not sure which one to get

Friend of mine has the G11 keyboard, it's fantastic to use (basically g15 without LCD)

bullaRh

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
i have a razer copperhead and i honestly cant use it :| its just impossible for me.. i played with it like 3 months and i had to give it up and took my 5 year old MS 3.0 back ''i also bought the new version of 3.0 for my new PC''

about the gaming keyboard i have bought a steelkeys but its slighty more expensive than the G15 but it also react much faster, steelKeys 6G utilizes gold plated connectors to deliver a very durable and extremely responsive gaming keyboard.
it doesnt have that fancy lightning or the LCD but its the fastest for gaming and yeah it kinda look like the old IBM keyboards :lol:

bullaRh

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
hi
i will advice you to get the best of everything....from the mouse side i have aG7 Logitech and from the keyboard side i have razer trantula ....i have read several and several articles about both and the differences between them..if u want the conclusion ;)
Go for the trantula....believe me it looks greater and it has anti ghosting capability:)

anti ghosting capability?

Anti-ghosting capability – Press up to 10 keys simultaneously without experiencing the “ghosting” effect.

what the heck is the ''ghosting'' effect? lol

hotrod4u

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
info? new to gaming,love the f.p.s and have found out that stock gateway keyboard/mouse is'nt the best for gaming so whats the best fpshooter mouse?

Blackened

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
I've had my G15 for quite some time, and the LCD recently took a crap on me. Great keyboard though, so probably won't be replacing it anytime soon.

Far as my mouse goes, I'm currently using the MS Sidewinder, the 1.5 yo version, not the X5, I believe the newer/cheaper version is called. I need the extra buttons, although I hate the mouse wheel and the bulk of it. Even with my large hands I'd prefer something smaller w/ all the buttons. I did have the logitech G5, iirc, although it only had one thumb button, hence the upgrade a while back.

dugan

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2008
The g9 gaming mouse is sooo good, i just got one 2 days ago and i really like it. It is very customizable so you can do a ton with it. Change the weight, change the feel, change profiles on the file. awesome mouse really

Octane

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008

Well personally, i use the G15/G5 mouse, very good, i had the G11, but i upgraded just for the lcd :)

V3NOM

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
any razer mouse depending on the way you actually use a mouse... for those who have no idea what im talking about go to their website :lol: and... a very expensive keyboard i saw somewhere... edit if i find it lol

hotrod4u

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
i just bought a razer $50 along with a 9800gtx+,it's very touch! i'm making mega mistakes fingering my keyboard!but great