Saitek 104-Key Eclipse II Backlit Gaming Keyboard
LOGITECH G15 Gaming Keyboard
Razer Tarantula Gaming Keyboard

Best Gaming Mouse?

LOGITECH G5 Laser Gaming Mouse
RAZER Diamondback Salamander Gaming Mouse

More about : gaming keyboard mouse

May 9, 2007 3:48:09 PM

I use a G15 + Razer Copperhead and I love it. The Razer mice take a little getting used to, but once you have a feel for them, they are very responsive.
a b à CPUs
May 9, 2007 3:53:39 PM

The best?

Logitech G5 Mouse and Logitech G15 Keyboard. Those are the best according to performance reports. But If you're used to Razer Mice then you're better off getting one of those. If you aren't, then stick with the Logitech.

G7 is also VERY good, it's only downside is not the fact that it's wireless but the length of time the batteries keep a charge (having to change batteries in the middle of a game is a bitch). There is no Wireless Latency anymore. It's the same amount of latency as a corded mouse if you can believe it.
Related resources
May 9, 2007 8:18:47 PM

Quote:
The best?

Logitech G5 Mouse and Logitech G15 Keyboard. Those are the best according to performance reports. But If you're used to Razer Mice then you're better off getting one of those. If you aren't, then stick with the Logitech.

G7 is also VERY good, it's only downside is not the fact that it's wireless but the length of time the batteries keep a charge (having to change batteries in the middle of a game is a bitch). There is no Wireless Latency anymore. It's the same amount of latency as a corded mouse if you can believe it.

I have the G15... how do I get the LCD to display my CPU temp?
May 9, 2007 8:31:45 PM

Only one way I know of so far. Download Speedfan and Google the LCD app for Speedfan. I'm sure someone could write a more efficient script to do it, but I haven't seen it yet.
May 9, 2007 8:49:30 PM

I've got the Saitek Eclipse II, along with a G5 as well.

I hate the Saitek, possibly because I like a lighter touch keyboard. So, thats a preferance problem. I love my G5, even more so than the MX518, because, believe it or not, I like mice when they are heavier.

For keyboard, sometimes it can be a matter of preference. Mouse also, should fit the persons' hand.
May 9, 2007 8:51:25 PM

I'm partial to my g15, g5 combo. The mouse could be argued but for obvious reasons (LCD) the g15 keyboard is in it's own class. I did have the problem of some keys wearing on the keyboard. I understand it was fixed but for me my heavy use keys now have a gloss finish from my wife's clear nail polish.
Some purchases are OK, sometimes the product is nothing like you expected and you have buyer's remorse. The g15 keyboard 18 months later is still a pleasure.
May 9, 2007 8:55:43 PM

For the Keyboard the G15, no questions about it.

The LCD is actually very useful, it can show you important information.

Depending in some games you can see the Wispers (WoW), ping (Red orchestra), Whos taking on ventrilo (VERY useful), your FPS with fraps, the name of the song that is playing now, the time.

The macros could be very useful AND the backlight (Extremely useful for me).

For the mouse... it can be tricky.

I have a razer back diamond with the exact mouse pad, it is expensive but good.

But the problem is that it took me a while to get used to it because you only use your fingers to move it while with the others mouses you can rest the hand on the mouse. It is more precise for that. Maybe the G5 is a better option
May 9, 2007 9:31:35 PM

Another vote for the G15~G5 combo.
a c 105 à CPUs
May 10, 2007 12:16:01 AM

The best keyboard I've ever used is an IBM Model M. It weighs roughly 5 pounds, is PS/2-only, and has the proper number of keys- 101. (Who needs all of those extra ones anyway if you've got a decent keyboard? I understand all of the buttons if the keyboard sucks- I'd want to use it as little as possible, too :D  ) It's also a little noisy. But it has honestly the best tactile response of any keyboard I've used- nicely weighted with a clean break upon key press. It's not one of those breathe-on-it-and-it-will-type Dell laptop keyboards nor is it mushy like most newer keyboards are.

For a mouse, Logitech makes nice ones. I am using a lower-end MX 310 optical and it suits me just fine. I am very keyboard-centric, so I suppose anything would work for me when I'd just pull up the "Run command" dialog, or more accurately, gram an open terminal, and type in what I need to do. The mouse just serves to drag windows around between the two screens for the most part.
May 10, 2007 5:05:46 AM

hi
i will advice you to get the best of everything....from the mouse side i have aG7 Logitech and from the keyboard side i have razer trantula ....i have read several and several articles about both and the differences between them..if u want the conclusion ;) 
Go for the trantula....believe me it looks greater and it has anti ghosting capability:) 
May 10, 2007 5:59:59 AM

Quote:
Best Gaming Keyboard?

Saitek 104-Key Eclipse Backlit Gaming Keyboard

Best Gaming Mouse?

:/  this is the CPU section!
May 10, 2007 6:45:03 AM

Hi,

Just to add one that hasn't been mentioned yet,

What would be a better mouse, Logitech G5 or Creative Fatal1ty 1010, in Australia these are about the same price, not sure which one to get

Friend of mine has the G11 keyboard, it's fantastic to use (basically g15 without LCD)
May 10, 2007 7:20:49 AM

i have a razer copperhead and i honestly cant use it :| its just impossible for me.. i played with it like 3 months and i had to give it up and took my 5 year old MS 3.0 back ''i also bought the new version of 3.0 for my new PC''

about the gaming keyboard i have bought a steelkeys but its slighty more expensive than the G15 but it also react much faster, steelKeys 6G utilizes gold plated connectors to deliver a very durable and extremely responsive gaming keyboard.
it doesnt have that fancy lightning or the LCD but its the fastest for gaming and yeah it kinda look like the old IBM keyboards :lol: 
May 10, 2007 7:27:55 AM

Quote:
hi
i will advice you to get the best of everything....from the mouse side i have aG7 Logitech and from the keyboard side i have razer trantula ....i have read several and several articles about both and the differences between them..if u want the conclusion ;) 
Go for the trantula....believe me it looks greater and it has anti ghosting capability:) 

anti ghosting capability?

Anti-ghosting capability – Press up to 10 keys simultaneously without experiencing the “ghosting” effect.

what the heck is the ''ghosting'' effect? lol
a b à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
May 10, 2007 1:02:27 PM

Ok I havent gone all out on a specified gaming keyboard and mouse. my keyboard is so so, but I LOVE my mouse. Its the Microsoft Optical Intellimouse USB 1.1 version. Its older but I have yet to find a mouse I like better. The side buttons are large and easy to hit and I always customize them per game.

This mouse... well exept mine is black
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
November 27, 2008 4:00:03 PM

info? new to gaming,love the f.p.s and have found out that stock gateway keyboard/mouse is'nt the best for gaming so whats the best fpshooter mouse?
November 27, 2008 8:01:11 PM

Didnt think everyone would be all for the G15 G5 combo... ive got it too myself and love em.
a b à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
November 27, 2008 8:03:57 PM

I have a G15/G9 combo, and love it.
November 27, 2008 8:54:00 PM

oooh G9... prettyifull
November 27, 2008 9:06:04 PM

I've had my G15 for quite some time, and the LCD recently took a crap on me. Great keyboard though, so probably won't be replacing it anytime soon.

Far as my mouse goes, I'm currently using the MS Sidewinder, the 1.5 yo version, not the X5, I believe the newer/cheaper version is called. I need the extra buttons, although I hate the mouse wheel and the bulk of it. Even with my large hands I'd prefer something smaller w/ all the buttons. I did have the logitech G5, iirc, although it only had one thumb button, hence the upgrade a while back.
November 28, 2008 3:15:10 AM

The g9 gaming mouse is sooo good, i just got one 2 days ago and i really like it. It is very customizable so you can do a ton with it. Change the weight, change the feel, change profiles on the file. awesome mouse really
November 28, 2008 6:13:04 AM

kentworth44 said:
Best Gaming Keyboard?

Saitek 104-Key Eclipse Backlit Gaming Keyboard

Best Gaming Mouse?

Well personally, i use the G15/G5 mouse, very good, i had the G11, but i upgraded just for the lcd :) 
November 28, 2008 6:33:39 AM

any razer mouse depending on the way you actually use a mouse... for those who have no idea what im talking about go to their website :lol:  and... a very expensive keyboard i saw somewhere... edit if i find it lol
December 2, 2008 11:59:20 PM

i just bought a razer $50 along with a 9800gtx+,it's very touch! i'm making mega mistakes fingering my keyboard!but great
December 3, 2008 4:40:56 AM

you finger your keyboard?
December 3, 2008 9:41:23 AM

I hate the G15 keyboard and all the logitech mice that I have ever used. I use a Saitek Eclipse (same keys as Eclipse II) and a Razer Diamondback mouse and couldn't be happier. Point is run down to a best buy or any local store that has them and test them out to see which YOU like best.
a c 127 à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
December 3, 2008 10:28:42 AM

chookman said:
oooh G9... prettyifull

I have been thinking of a G9 to replace my age old MX1000. Yea its wireless but for it being 5 years old and the first ever true laser mouse it performs extremely well in gaming considering it is wireless.

But the G15 is a godsend. best part is the ability to turn off the Windows key for gaming. I still hit it but its useless unless I turn it on. That and the LCD display is a nice feature for certain things.

But the G9 looks awesome. Well not look wise but feature sie its pretty top of the line. If only I had money.

For the OP, the G15 keyboard is a great keyboard. It even has 2 extra USB ports in the back to plug in some things along with places to hide the wires.

The G5 is pretty good too. My fiance has one and it works pretty well for what she does and she doesn't game half as much as I do.

That or a G9. The G9 has an insane pixle engine.
December 3, 2008 7:10:32 PM

I love my g15. It's a great keyboard. Nothing to complain about really, well the lcd used to just turn of at random, but haven't seen it do that lately.

The g5 is also great. Only problem I have with the g5 is the scroll mouse. I use the middle mouse button a lot for a lot of things, but with the wheel turning left and right now too (just not used to it) I have times I think I clicked it, but I press it to the right or left a bit more and it registers as a left or right hit rather than a middle mouse button.

Other than that it's great. One other problem. After you use the G5, all other mouses are SLOW as hell. Well except for the mouses that also have laser dpi settings and stuff. But a normal mouse is so slow imho, the mx310 for example I usually think something wrong and then I remember, the G5 is so fast.
December 5, 2008 6:17:45 PM

i want a keyboard with a built-in joystick/gamepad,anyone know a safe,but fast overclock speed for a e6600 2.4g duo cpu?
!