How to set resolution/color depth in an autexec.cfg file

Last response: in Video Games
September 5, 2004 11:38:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

I recently got All-Seeing-Eye to play FuhQuakeGL online and was
wondering how exactly I set the resolution/color depth for when the game
loads, since I usually add it to the command line to the shortcut I
make. But ASE is loading the game under default resolution.

Under options in ASE where I point it to the fuhquakegl.exe, there's
also a box to point it to a config file, where I assume it wants an
autoexec.cfg, from there I can put in the proper resulution/color depth
that I want. What exactly do I put into the autoexec.cfg file to make it
run under 1024x768 in 32 BPP?

Thanks
--
Cory "Shinnokxz" Hansen
http://coryhansen.com

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

Figured it out.

While ASE does allow you to select shortcuts for a game, it does not
recognize the arguments you have set up in the shortcut, it just simply
does a find for the .exe and we end up in situation we were in before.

But I noticed that you CAN point it to a batch files, so I quickly typed
up a file with this argument:

fuhquake-gl.exe -width 1024 -height 768 -bpp 32 +cfg_load config.cfg %1
%2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7

and saved it as quakei.bat, placed it in the main directory...

All the percents and numbers are there for ASE to add in its own
commands when Quake runs (for when connecting to a server, otherwise if
I leave them out it will just load Quake and not connect to anything--)

Wah-lah! Mission complete!

See you guys on the battlefront.

--
Cory "Shinnokxz" Hansen
http://coryhansen.com

"Shinnokxz" <shinnokxzTAKETHISOUT@charter.net> wrote in message
> I recently got All-Seeing-Eye to play FuhQuakeGL online and was
> wondering how exactly I set the resolution/color depth for when the game
> loads, since I usually add it to the command line to the shortcut I
> make. But ASE is loading the game under default resolution.
>
> Under options in ASE where I point it to the fuhquakegl.exe, there's
> also a box to point it to a config file, where I assume it wants an
> autoexec.cfg, from there I can put in the proper resulution/color depth
> that I want. What exactly do I put into the autoexec.cfg file to make it
> run under 1024x768 in 32 BPP?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Cory "Shinnokxz" Hansen
> http://coryhansen.com

There's probably a way to do this in a config, but I dont recall the exact
comand systax. But you should be able to direct ASE to use a SHORTCUT that
you create to the EXE with the same resolution and color commands you used
to use at the end of the command line. Instead of letting ASE find the EXE,
make the shortcut, then in ASE choose View, Options, Games - chose Quake and
browse to the shortcut.

Bob

---
September 6, 2004 4:20:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

got it figured out yet ?
ill help if not.
peace
rX