Wireless Connection not working with vista 32

nightscope

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
My friend has a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V 3405 laptop and he recently upgraded to windows vista ultimate 32 bit. When he upgraded, his wireless connection stopped working. He can't turn on the wireless connection for some reason so he's limited to using a wired connection. Why is it doing that? I downloaded/installed the latest software/drivers for the wireless hardware and it's still not working. What could be the problem and how can I fix it? It was working with windows xp so why not vista? and yes, the software/drivers that were installed were for vista. ALL help is appreciated.

I realize that this has nothing to do with CPUs, but to be honest the networking division of this forum is practically...dead.

Thanks

BeanDip0001

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
you didn't state if there was any type of WiFi encrpytion set up in the AP/WiFi Router. if there are make sure those key(s) are entered, also check in the device manager to make sure that vista hasn't turned off the WiFi card to save power. another thing you might try to even know that the WiFi card is up and running and the OS can see it, is a IPConfig /all, if both the wired and WiFi cards are working it will list the MACs, IPs, etc. If only the wired is showing up then you know that there is a driver problem, or Vista has turned off the WiFi adapter to save power. Also some laptops will auto shut down one connection when another is plugged in. I.E. wired is on so WiFi won't work or vice versa.

G

Im havin ths problem too, but i got a virus n now the wirless fing dont cum up wen u press 'fn' and 'f1' HELP ME PLZ!!!!