yadge

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2007
I'm sorry if this has already been asked before... but I don't have much time to look.

I bought Vista Home Premium a while ago. And I've been using it on my computer. Well I just recently upgraded my processor, motherboard, and RAM, and I'm selling my old stuff to a friend.

I need to activate Windows with my new hardware. I need to call Microsoft and tell them that I'm not using it on the other computer anymore.

According to here (sorry, I forgot how to turn a link into a word.) http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance&ln=en-us& amp;c1=509&x=11 it will cost me $60 to call them for support, as I have already had it more than 90 days. (Sorry, I can't get the link to work. Just click on Vista Home Premium)

Is there any number I can call and not get charged? Or do they just not count this as a support call?

I bought a retail version, so there shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for your help.

Solution
G
Did you try to activate by the Internet? If it fails, it gives you the 800 number to call MS for phone activation.

Grumpy
G

Did you try to activate by the Internet? If it fails, it gives you the 800 number to call MS for phone activation.

Grumpy

Solution

TRENDING THREADS