Screen Saver and SP2

Hi. It's me again with a minor problem. Quite some time ago I installed SP2
and was so happy with it. Everything went so smoothly, no trouble at all.
Until today. For the first time, I tried to run a screen saver and could
not get them to run. The previews runs fine, but clicking apply and ok does
nothing. I'm not sure SP2 caused this, but, it's the first thing I thought
of. Does anyone know of a setting or tweak that will correct this? My OS
is XPHome. As always, your help and comments are greatly appreciated.
Thank you, Belle
4 answers Last reply
More about screen saver

    In article <uGSbLnOVFHA.548@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, bellestarr@nospam.com
    says...
    > Hi. It's me again with a minor problem. Quite some time ago I installed SP2
    > and was so happy with it. Everything went so smoothly, no trouble at all.
    > Until today. For the first time, I tried to run a screen saver and could
    > not get them to run. The previews runs fine, but clicking apply and ok does
    > nothing. I'm not sure SP2 caused this, but, it's the first thing I thought
    > of. Does anyone know of a setting or tweak that will correct this? My OS
    > is XPHome. As always, your help and comments are greatly appreciated.
    > Thank you, Belle

    So, you selected a screen saver, like "3D FlowerBox", set the time for
    10 minutes, clicked OK, and then waited just a little longer than 10
    minutes without moving the mouse or hitting a key, and nothing happened?

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

    Yes, Leythos, that is what is happening. No screen saver ever comes on.
    The previews, yes. The screen saver itself, no......Thanks, Belle

    Set it for one (1) minute, click Apply and OK.
    Go to the bathroom or get a cup of coffee and see what happens. Just
    a touch of the mouse will stop it from activating.
    --
    Today is the first day of the rest of
    your life.

    "Belle Starr" wrote:

    > Yes, Leythos, that is what is happening. No screen saver ever comes on.
    > The previews, yes. The screen saver itself, no......Thanks, Belle

    Tried that, Byte. No Luck. Any other suggestions?? Thanks, Belle

    "Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Set it for one (1) minute, click Apply and OK.
    > Go to the bathroom or get a cup of coffee and see what happens. Just
    > a touch of the mouse will stop it from activating.
    > --
    > Today is the first day of the rest of
    > your life.
    >

    > "Belle Starr" wrote:
    >
    >> Yes, Leythos, that is what is happening. No screen saver ever comes on.
    >> The previews, yes. The screen saver itself, no......Thanks, Belle

Microsoft Windows XP