Sign in with
Your question

MY RIG

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 9, 2007 5:55:04 PM

sic!

whats that block on the chip? watercooling or the silencer you mentioned?
also what are the 3 fan type device on the right side?

More about : rig

May 9, 2007 5:58:46 PM

A-W-E-S-O-M-E
Your system Rocks!. :twisted:
I will give my both arms for your system!
May 9, 2007 6:04:57 PM

OK... and your point is... :roll:
Related resources
May 9, 2007 6:16:27 PM

Not jealous. But seriously, what's the point of this thread??? We're all supposed to go ooooooooooo ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh??? You going to post some pictures of your wife, house, and your crappy Sandals vacation too?
May 9, 2007 6:28:52 PM

Quote:
Ignore Button ON. I would advise others to do the same, this guy does nothing but flame. :roll:

Don't take it so hard man!
It's obvious that your system is one the fastest & coolest rig out there but Honestly there is no point in posting it's picture on the forumz my friend.Kaotao is right some how...
for example MR.X's Girl Friend is beautiful & he made a thread titled "MY GF" and he sent some of her pictures...
Be Cool dude but there must be a point in posting a thread...(Don't lose your cool 8) )
May 9, 2007 6:38:10 PM

Nothing wrong with posting your rig, ive done it many times. Either your cool and you give props if you like it, or your misserable and you feel the need to down talk on someone for posting pics. I happen to love seeing pics. I love seeing enthousiast built machines that people have spent time, money, and alot of effort and reasearch on building. LoL you make the machine look nice with fans, lights, windows, case mods etc. so you can show it off! not to let it collect dust :roll: Same analagy with cars, you dont go out and get a nice looking car, take it out on the streets for a cruise..except with a car cover on so people cant see it lmao cause your scared that people are gonna talk smack saying what a show off :roll: .. I think people have to lighten up :) 

btw, i learned a few things just by this guy posting the pic, caused me to ask questions and learn a few new things, so again, no need to be so hard on him.

Very nice accomplishment dude, that system deserves respect :wink:
May 9, 2007 6:46:28 PM

Quote:
Not jealous. But seriously, what's the point of this thread??? We're all supposed to go ooooooooooo ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh??? You going to post some pictures of your wife, house, and your crappy Sandals vacation too?

ROFL! I recognized that rig too.
May 9, 2007 7:04:40 PM

Quote:

Ignore Button ON. I would advise others to do the same, this guy does nothing but flame. :roll:

He's just pi$$ed that the Sharks are golfing :wink:

Ignore button on.
May 9, 2007 7:05:53 PM

That system is a piece of junk! Everyone knows real men buy QX6700s. :wink:
May 9, 2007 7:08:29 PM

Quote:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Spot on, spot on.
May 9, 2007 7:17:47 PM

cool let me try to show off for a sec
i had this box tell yesterday and i sold it for $60 and got 512DDR 400 and payed my net http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n231/melarcky/IMG_0047.jpg?t=1178737872

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n231/melarcky/IMG_0046.jpg?t=1178737873

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n231/melarcky/IMG_0045.jpg?t=1178737875

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n231/melarcky/IMG_0044.jpg?t=1178737876

i personaly am not into the whole case thing but still its worth the extra ram :) 
May 9, 2007 7:20:02 PM

Nice system, I personally love seeing folks post pics of their system. It always gives me something to shoot for.
May 9, 2007 7:22:09 PM

There should be a stickied thread in one of the sections to post your rig and the mods you've done. Someone with some power get on that.

My sexy, sexy outdated rig.

May 9, 2007 7:47:40 PM

Allow me to show off my kick-ass setup:

May 9, 2007 7:52:37 PM

Dude, you're an ass. That's why you get flamed. You talk down to people who don't have GTX's, and you hype yourself like you're a fucking God. You disregard other people's opinions, then force your own opinion in with nothing but insightful gems like "Blah blah blah... Denial is a bitch isnt it ". You blame everyone else for their attitude towards you, but maybe you should look at yourself. Humility is a virtue, not being a boisturous asshole.
May 9, 2007 7:54:44 PM

Quote:
Allow me to show off my kick-ass setup:

Sweet. Are you going to put some Crayola's in SLI in it?
May 9, 2007 8:07:41 PM

For sure.

I'm putting CrossSLI in it too.
May 9, 2007 8:16:55 PM

Quote:
Dude, you're an ass. That's why you get flamed. You talk down to people who don't have GTX's, and you hype yourself like you're a ****** God. You disregard other people's opinions, then force your own opinion in with nothing but insightful gems like "Blah blah blah... Denial is a bitch isnt it ". You blame everyone else for their attitude towards you, but maybe you should look at yourself. Humility is a virtue, not being a boisturous *******.

Exactly, and I wouldn't have approached this thread the way I did if X1900cooler/RobsX2/Robs88s/Green768/SLInrob wasn't such a prick in the first place; Mr. man of sooo many names because he keeps getting banned from this site.
May 9, 2007 8:20:51 PM

Quote:
For sure.

I'm putting CrossSLI in it too.

hahah
May 9, 2007 8:23:49 PM

Rob,

If you didn't give your opinion in such an abrasive way, perhaps people wouldn't think you're a jerk. I understand that you've got knowledge to share, and I'm glad to have variety in the forum, but unless you tone it down a bit everyone is going to continue treating you and your posts this way. You and I both know how awesome an 8800GTX is in Oblivion, but you don't need to resort to the name calling.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 9, 2007 8:27:25 PM

very nice i like how clean it is, good job.
May 9, 2007 8:38:18 PM

Quote:
OK... and your point is... :roll:

His point is too show off his rig before he gets the boot...again. :lol: 
May 9, 2007 8:48:03 PM

Quote:
Dude, you're an ass. That's why you get flamed. You talk down to people who don't have GTX's, and you hype yourself like you're a ****** God. You disregard other people's opinions, then force your own opinion in with nothing but insightful gems like "Blah blah blah... Denial is a bitch isnt it ". You blame everyone else for their attitude towards you, but maybe you should look at yourself. Humility is a virtue, not being a boisturous *******.

Pfftttt. hardly :roll: I will let others be the judge of that. The only time I ever say anything is when some so called experts like yourself claims 8800's aint all that or SLI aint worth it or you cant tell a difference from a X1900XTX to a 8800GTX.

Without ever even owning any of the above mentioned hardware. :roll:

Your nothing but a jealous *******. Get over yourself.
You're arguing with Ape in another thread. He knows more about computer hardware and graphics cards than you, he's been around the boards for awhile, yet you still talk to him like he doesn't know shit.
May 9, 2007 9:29:58 PM

Whatever dude, there's a reason you've been banned so many times. Trying being a little more respectful to people and you might get a better response.
May 9, 2007 9:37:07 PM

well what i dont get is how the FU@K did your argument in a totally different post get to here, really people? i went and read it and its all just an arguement about some VGA's you guys shouldn't really care what the other thinks, if you think that the next guy is giving false info then fine. but you dont have to bring your fights into other threads.

maybe THG should open a new section called the hall of Duals and all you will do is just argue :p 

I might be the only person ( or i might not be) who is not in the mood of reading 3 pages of flames when all i wanted to know was if a certain VGA is worth the cash or smth
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 9, 2007 10:06:29 PM

it really seems like almost half of this community just has too big of ego's and dont know to just drop something thats fking retarded to be arguing about in the first place. It makes me really upset when i want to find out something and all i get are these petty children arguing about the STUPIDEST things you could possibly argue about. Who honestly cares if you win a argument on an online forum - how retarded can you be?
May 10, 2007 2:44:15 AM

Quote:
Rob,

If you didn't give your opinion in such an abrasive way, perhaps people wouldn't think you're a jerk. I understand that you've got knowledge to share, and I'm glad to have variety in the forum, but unless you tone it down a bit everyone is going to continue treating you and your posts this way. You and I both know how awesome an 8800GTX is in Oblivion, but you don't need to resort to the name calling.

Well thats fine and everything but go back to page one and tell me who jumped first?I don't care who started it. When you respond in such a way it makes you look like the fool. Maybe if you'd all drop the egos, you'd be able to use your knowledge and experience to help people who need it.
May 10, 2007 2:56:53 AM

Agreed, Vote for threadlock?
May 10, 2007 2:59:27 AM

Hahahaha, you have an air cooled CPU? Noob. -50c phase change is the ONLY way to cool a cpu. Though it would probably be wasted on that junk e6600. Couldn't afford an x6800? I suppose you buy your food with food stamps as well. Also wtf are you doing with the stock coolers on your gtx's? Those should be watercooled at a bare minimum. I'm not going to even begin to comment on the cable management. You could dump 4 cans of silly string in there and it would look cleaner.

Seriously, if you present yourself as a douchebag people are going to treat you like one, douchebag. :wink:
a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2007 3:01:10 AM

Quote:
8800GTX only 5-10% faster than a X1950XTX :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

WTH. Here is the link. http://forumz.tomshardware.com/ftopic-236316-25.html

Wow, you completely missed the fact that YOU said the 5-10% and Grape's reply ("Why? nVidia couldn't get much more out after 7 months, and theirs costs almost twice as much. ") was (I believe) refering to the 8800Ultra vs 8800GTX, not the 8800GTX vs X1950XTX. :p 
May 10, 2007 3:23:31 AM

Your CPU cooler is a Tuniq Tower!?!?!?!?! I thought it looked WAY different.

I thought the top was more square then rectangle and it didn't cover half the MB!!!! It looks awsome!!!!!!

PS: I love your rig!!
May 10, 2007 3:26:18 AM

Quote:
Seriously, if you present yourself as a douchebag people are going to treat you like one, douchebag. :wink:

Take it easy, that's the exact same reason alot of us flame robsx2. Because of the name calling. 8)
May 10, 2007 4:15:09 AM

wow nice pc, great cable management, how much did you pay for that?
May 10, 2007 4:29:32 AM

I think that was the point he was trying to make...
May 10, 2007 6:25:30 AM

If you want to show off your rig, put a link in your sig. Useless thread. listen to all the other people about respect and all that...
May 10, 2007 6:35:33 AM

Quote:
If you want to show off your rig, put a link in your sig. Useless thread. listen to all the other people about respect and all that...
He has no respect for others, if he did, he wouldn't be on user name number 4 or 5 or whatever already.Its a shame too, because he is fairly knowledgeable, but a lot of people don't take him seriously due to his "I'm better than you and if you disagree with me STFU moron" attitude.

That being said, nice Rig I guess, not really to my tastes, but to each his own.
May 10, 2007 9:21:24 AM

OK OK
Ladies & Gentleman!
here is my 200`000$ gaming rig!
(The fact is i had to use Time Machine to get here cause i bought this system in 2179!)

I guess it's a little faster than Prozac's system!
May 10, 2007 9:25:48 AM

Come on guys!
Send some pictures of your awesome systems! :twisted:
May 10, 2007 10:39:59 AM

The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound. That's why at first you seemed bright but then we heard you speak. Get over yourself, seriously.

*EDITED FOR TYPO*
May 10, 2007 10:50:46 AM

I'm at work at present and our firewall blocks any pics from photobucket so I can't even see your rig. Why the hell would I be jealous of your attitude or you rig that I can't even see? Your just sad.
a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2007 10:55:58 AM

Rob, why are you making it worse for yourself? These people arent jealous, theyre slamming you just so youll respond. And its working. Maybe some are jealous, but who cares? You have a nice rig, a good knowledge getting it to where its at. Showing it off, theres going to be some jabs even from friends. I think your being hostile to others is OK when its called for, but just strut your rig, maybe help someone get there also. Being nice isnt a sign of weakness. This was posted to Rob, not you Dade, ooops
May 10, 2007 11:02:46 AM

Quote:
I guess it's a little faster than Prozac's system!

Nah man.

I've got Quad-CrossSLI, can't mess with that.
May 10, 2007 11:08:40 AM

I can't believe we're still trying to get through here. It's like talking to a brick wall.

I'm out
May 10, 2007 11:52:51 AM

That is a nice system Rob. Are you still using a 1680*1050 and if yes did the second gtx really give a big boost. I would normally expect two gtx's to be more of a solution for a 30".
I also understand you're frustration with so many people that are quick to step up and criticize hardware they no squat about.

Let me present an argument for fanboys.
Fanboys are necessary. If everyone only bought the better choice the company with the inferior product would have zero sales overnight and subsequently go out of business. The fanboys are like a social program for the company with inferior tech. This in turn props up the company allowing them to fight another day maintaining the competitive atmosphere.
So the next time some fanboy tells you you are an idiot for buying the best cards available and that you should have waited 7 months for an unknown don't get angry. As much as you're instinct is to try and correct the error and educate the fanboy let him be. Pat him on the head and thank him for buying inferior tech forcing the company currently in the lead to continue innovating.

Now for all those who showed up to this thread to flame the OP because he has without argument been an a$$hat in the past you really need to get over it. When he or anyone deserves flames; give it, but forum stocking really doesn't put you in a better light.
May 10, 2007 12:23:22 PM

just a quick Q.what monitor are you using?
a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2007 1:13:54 PM

Why dont you go play with a rattlesnake.
May 10, 2007 1:22:49 PM

Quote:
The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound. That's why at first you seemed bright but then we heard you speak. Get over yourself, seriously.

*EDITED FOR TYPO*

Add another jealous b1tch to the list.Are you ever going to learn? :roll:
May 10, 2007 3:21:48 PM

Quote:
Nah man.

I've got Quad-CrossSLI, can't mess with that.

Oh, come on man!
Just look at my shiny monster graphic card! :D 

It's a XFX GeForce 25800GTS XXX Version Man!
It supports shader model 52.0!
Up to 2048xAA.
It also supporst nVIDIA's "Hell Yeah!" & "Fuck AMD!" technology!
The only problem is my Intel Core 128 Core QQQQXXXX6677800 (OverClocked to 45.23GHz 0.00000000005 v) CPU is bottlenecking it! :( 
You always said that one high end card is better than SLI or Quad SLI! :tongue:
I think you need to bring more Spec of your Quad-CrossSLI graphics system! :twisted:
May 10, 2007 3:40:38 PM

Quote:
"I'm better than you and if you disagree with me STFU moron" attitude.

Pot meet kettle.Really? How do you figure? I don't lash out at those that disagree with me, I don't think my uber rig is the be all end all best (its not) and that anyone that uses different parts is a moron, I try to HELP and TEACH people, and I try not to be insulting or vulgar in my posts. I would say that must make me a stainless steel pot to your kettle....

Nice attempt at being witty though, next time you may want to try a little harder.
!