halem111

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2003
hi
for some reason my vista will not shutdown properly, i go to shutdown and then it goes windows is now shutting down and then the screen goes blank and the pc is still on.

Does anyone know how to fix this at all thanks

NightlySputnik

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
I just started having the same problem, my PC screen goes off but my fan are still running. The funny thing is that when I boot under XP, that doesn't happen.

I looked into my device manager and saw one thing that was not OK (can't remember the name, I'm at work). Something like Torenza tunneling... bla,bla,bla. I'll probably try tonight to remove it and scan for new hardware to reinstall it. It says that a key in the register is corrupted and that it doesn't work for that reason. Remind tough that this may have nothing to do with my problem after all.

NightlySputnik

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006

I think that's what it is. I guess this isn't the source of my problem then. I didn't have the chance to reinstall it (first remove, then scan for new hardware, then reinstall automaticly).

Anybody knows what to do to fix this? Talking about this shutdown problem of course.