I have a computer with XP home. When I go to restore it say's that it can't
restore from that restore point. I tried all of them but none work. Someone
told me how to fix this but can't find where I put notes. Any and all help
on this matter would be great. Thanks in advance.

not to bright wrote:
> I have a computer with XP home. When I go to restore it say's that it
> can't restore from that restore point. I tried all of them but none
> work. Someone told me how to fix this but can't find where I put
> notes. Any and all help on this matter would be great. Thanks in
> advance.

There's no real "fix" if the system restore points have gotten corrupted
somehow..

You could try deleting all but the last one with Disk Cleanup..
Or you could try deleting all of them by turning System Restore off/on..

--
--
The information above is intended to assist you; however, it is
suggested you research for yourself before you take any advice - you

Thank you for the speedy reply. I thought as much but if I can fix the
problem now maybe next time when I need it will work. Thanks again for both
reply's.

> not to bright wrote:
>> I have a computer with XP home. When I go to restore it say's that it
>> can't restore from that restore point. I tried all of them but none
>> work. Someone told me how to fix this but can't find where I put
>> notes. Any and all help on this matter would be great. Thanks in
>> advance.
>
> There's no real "fix" if the system restore points have gotten corrupted
> somehow..
>
> You could try deleting all but the last one with Disk Cleanup..
> Or you could try deleting all of them by turning System Restore off/on..
>
> --
>>=- Shenan -=<
>>=- MS MVP -=<
> --
> The information above is intended to assist you; however, it is
> suggested you research for yourself before you take any advice - you
> are the one ultimately responsible for your actions/problems/solutions.
> Whenever possible, the advice will include the method/places used in
> compiling the answer. Also, questions may have been asked to clarify
> your situation OR to give you an idea of where to look - do not dismiss
> them lightly.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:%23noe0qOVFHA.3920@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
not to bright <please@helpme.net> had this to say:

> I have a computer with XP home. When I go to restore it say's that it
> can't restore from that restore point. I tried all of them but none
> work. Someone told me how to fix this but can't find where I put
> notes. Any and all help on this matter would be great. Thanks in
> advance.

Generally that means that you're out of luck and those restore points are
corrupt. You'll need to disable restore, reboot, turn system restore back
on, and then create a new restore point. Other than that you're generally
unable to get the restore points to work.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

Corrupt restore points are a sign of virus or trojan problems.. Help and
Support not opening is another.. and the ubiquitous home page hijackers
appearing..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"not to bright" <please@helpme.net> wrote in message
>I have a computer with XP home. When I go to restore it say's that it can't
>restore from that restore point. I tried all of them but none work. Someone
>told me how to fix this but can't find where I put notes. Any and all help
>on this matter would be great. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting tips for System Restore in Windows XP.
Please post the event information from Event Viewer as suggested in
the page below along with any other error message generated by System
Restore. This will help us in diagnosing the problem.
System Restore Failures to restore:
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/srfail.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

not to bright wrote:
> I have a computer with XP home. When I go to restore it
> say's that it can't restore from that restore point. I
> tried all of them but none work. Someone told me how to
> fix this but can't find where I put notes. Any and all
> help on this matter would be great. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Keeping System Restore Healthy
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/body_healthy.html