Help request: All computer folders suddenly went Read Only

MagiStar

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2007
Hey there,

I was searching for some pics earlier and decided to save one, but it wouldn't save, so I checked the folder to see if I may have accidentally set it to read only. I thought I did when I saw that "Read Only" had a colored box beside it so I turned it off, clicked apply and then ok. So, I tried saving again but it didn't work, so once I again I went to the read only thing, and again, it was on. I repeated this process once more and same thing happened. I checked the My Documents, My Pictures and even the Documents and Settings folders as well as some on MY desktop. They've all become Read Only and I can't sort it.
I'm running a Windows XP Home Edition on my Laptop and never saw anything like this. I did forget I had a download going on when I turned off my LT because I needed to leave the house for a bit, and when I came back, I turned it on and began searching for said pics. No clue if that could be the cause, but can someone tell me how to sort this issue?

btw, I can save files like word documents, but I can't download anything.

All those folders are marked "Read Only"... don't ask me why, but that's they way they're supposed to look. Even my folders are the same... so that can't be the source of your problem.