Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Husqvarna embroidery forum

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
July 4, 2011 3:26:12 AM

HI- I have a Husqvarna Viking Rose Embroidery System 5. Works fine but the software will not run on Windows XP, And it it becoming increasingly difficult to find old Windows 98 computers to run it on. Is there a patch that anyone knows of that will allow this to work on a Windows XP computer? Thanks

Best solution

July 11, 2011 10:08:15 PM

Husqvarna would be your likeliest starting point on this. Most likely, you're going to have to update your software completely to work on Win XP (although even XP is long in the tooth). Your best bet would be to find something that works with Windows 7. I realize that it's not a cheap option, but unforntunately you need something that is reliable and will work beyond the next couple of years. XP is becoming difficult to impossible to obtain on a brand new computer.

Keeping old stuff running may be a great hobby, but when your business is on the line you need longevity and reliability.
July 12, 2011 2:16:24 AM

Thanks for the response. Although that answer was expected, I was hoping some super computer programmer type might be able to conjure up a bridge that would extend the life of this system. Thanks.
Score
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 12, 2011 2:14:46 PM

Well I believe it's just the software that is outdated... so at least you won't have to spend a ton of money on a new machine. I could be wrong, though... it wouldn't be the first time. Still, even the software isn't all that cheap, but I would think it's at least cheaper than an entirely new machine.
Score
July 12, 2011 11:11:13 PM

Well, that is the problem- New embroidery system(software, digitizing plus customizing) new machine and accessories would come to over $6000 last time I checked, which is why the old system is so precious. Additionally the Husqvarna stuff is so proprietary that other non-specific accessories rarely are compatible with it/ them. Whine inserted here. The old software will not work on the new machine and the new software will not work on the old machine. Planned obsolescence at its finest. I'll just have to keep it alive for as long as I can. Thank you for your input and if you do stumble onto a possible answer to bridge to the xp pc, please let me know.
Score
July 24, 2011 5:29:01 AM

Best answer selected by equinut_smc.
Score
July 30, 2011 7:15:24 PM

Ok, Maybe a partial answer is the Amazing Designs software which WILL run on XP. Has anyone used this embroidery software in conjunction with the Viking Rose embroidery machine? And if so, is it as good as the Husqvarna digitizing/customizing programs? Also the Amazing Box- Are the cards interchangeable with the Husqvarna System 5?

Any experiences would be helpful- Thanks
Score
April 16, 2012 4:11:14 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!