Adobe gives Linux breath of fresh AIR

SyPheR

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I think you should stay realistic instead. Sure Linux is growing in popularity but still there are too many brainless or brainwashed people out there that rather go with the other sheeps using Windows instead.
And if it's not for those kind of people it will be for the people who enjoy gaming and that's the group of people Linux need to becomming more populair. Games for the young people are important and nowadays games are only released for Windows and Mac OSX.
Now people will say oh yeah but all games can be emulated. Doesn't that remind me of the old days when I was running a 086 pc with a hercules monitor black and white trying to run cga games with an emulator. Emulators always have their limitations. Even Wine does.

SyPheR

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I have to agree with you if you say that you are actually seeying the people react towards Linux being a bit scared. Sure this has come to my mind as well but how many times do you read on The Internet about Microsoft planning something new etc. It does keep the people focused on microsoft believing they are the once to count on. Still, you talk about the new generation. I don't really think it's a matter of generations. My dad for example is very open minded and started computing at the age of 48 or so. He was 60 when he met Linux and he was sold to it. I think Linux should be on the TV commercials for being able to convince people a bit more. I wonder who is stopping those commercials? It's one of the best ways to make people feel more secure by using commercials for the dumb people who watch them everyday believing every word of them. ;) Those are usually also the people who are afraid of computers.
I don't want to proof brainwashing but if there are some questions that will be one of them (I wonder who is stopping those commercials?).

ps: Talking about commercials....if you think commercials suck I totally agree but these kind of people are the main reason why commercials are still working so we have to live with that.