Tips for E6600 at 3.6Ghz?

I am getting ready to build my new PC with Windows Vista on it. I bought an E6600 and I am hoping to get it to 3.6Ghz so I can run a 1:1 ratio with my OCZ DDR2 6400 Platinum Rev 2. I bought the Big Typhoon CPU cooler, and it will all be mounted on the P5B-Deluxe Wifi. I am using an Antec 500W Phantom PSU, and my new card is a geforce 7950GT. Hope it all works out. Are there any posters who have gotten their E6600 to 3.6 Ghz using the 400 FSB x 9 who can share any tips, voltages, temps to give me for a reference? Oh ya, is it better to use Orthos to stress test then Prime95 since I'm installing Vista?
6 answers Last reply
More about tips e6600 6ghz
  1. I have an e6400 with 400x8 which may be similar to yoru situation since it is just a cpu multiplier difference. Ok well I have an allendale and you have a conroe, but whatever. haha. I noticed, and have heard with all other core 2's, that there is a wall when overclocking that you have to bump up the vcore a bit more than usually to get just 200MHZ outta it. At 375mhz FSB I was running 1.375v but needed 1.4125v to hit 400. And it puts out more heat obviously. Just make sure you monitor your temps. I know TAT doesnt work in vista so you will need something else. I am not familiar with all the apps which everyone uses but im sure they will chime in.
  2. TAT works in Vista, or at least it does on my computer. You have to run it as an administrator, however.
  3. Quote:
    TAT works in Vista, or at least it does on my computer. You have to run it as an administrator, however.

I saw alot of people were having issues with it. I dunno. does it worok with 32 and 64 bit vista? just curious
  4. I can vouch for 32-bit Vista Ultimate under administrator mode. I've never used 64-bit.
  5. I use coretemp in Vistax64. The latest version appears to be reading the same temps at TAT. If I recall TAT did not work for me when I first installed about a week after release.
  6. could be an issue with 64bit?
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Windows Vista Overclocking