Event Viewer showing lots of errors/warnings... please help!

johnation33

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2007
Hi everyone,

I checked event viewer recently and I'm getting all sorts of strange errors. can anyone help me decipher and fix them? Here they are:

WARNING: Event 0, AtBroker
The description for Event ID 0 from source AtBroker cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
Details (event data) - GetSessionValue Failed to Open session key return error 2

WARNING: Event 4001, WLAN-AutoConfig
WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully stopped.

ERROR: Event 5007, WerSvc
The target file for the Windows Feedback Platform (a DLL file containing the list of problems on this computer that require additional data collection for diagnosis) could not be parsed. The error code was 8014FFF9.

ERROR: 7000, Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider
The Parallel port driver service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. (this one is weird because my laptop doesn't have a parallel port???? that's the one that connects to very old printers right?)

Finally, does anyone know how I can remove the driver cdr4_xp??? I get this error:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
Cdr4_xp
and I know why i get it... I had to delete the lowerfiters in the registry because this is the driver for roxio and it was preventing my dvdrom from being detected... weird thing is I don't have roxio installed... how do I remove this driver?

Thanks for helping!!

Solution
As for the parallel port error, it's telling you there is no parallel port present; therefore the service can't be started. Disabling the service should keep your log from filling up with those errors.

CDR4_XP... Windows built-in burning software uses drivers from Roxio. Disable Windows built-in burning service and that should eliminate that error.

The rest I am unsure of.
As for the parallel port error, it's telling you there is no parallel port present; therefore the service can't be started. Disabling the service should keep your log from filling up with those errors.

CDR4_XP... Windows built-in burning software uses drivers from Roxio. Disable Windows built-in burning service and that should eliminate that error.

The rest I am unsure of.

Solution