Solved

Very Slow Windows Start Menu

Hi,

my Windows start menu is very very slow. when i click the windows button in vista, that's fast, but when i click the "All programs" tab, it starts lagging, scrolling is very unsmooth and jaggy and when i click on a folder to expand it, that's very slow as well. Any solution to this? Thanks.
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about very slow windows start menu
  1. Best answer
    Adding more system RAM could solve the problem. You did not mention how much RAM you have currently. Vista utalizes system RAM differently than the older XP OS, 512 MB is minimum required and that is far too little to run Vista at full optomization. If you have any programs like Anti-virus running in the background, that could cause a slow down. You might clear your start up programs by typing msconfig in the RUN menu and clearing the start up programs. Always list your system specifications when asking a question about a system. HTH.
  2. Right-click the Start button, click Properties, click the "Customize..." button, scroll down and uncheck "Highlight newly installed programs," then OK/Apply/OK. Let me know if that helps.
  3. Maxxify said:
    Right-click the Start button, click Properties, click the "Customize..." button, scroll down and uncheck "Highlight newly installed programs," then OK/Apply/OK. Let me know if that helps.

It worked,thanks Maxxify.It is a stupid setting.
Ask a new question

Read More

Start Menu Windows Vista