Sign in with
Your question

High performence bandwidth-control router.

Last response: in Networking
June 12, 2007 6:54:07 PM

Hello,

I'm looking for a wired router that will:

Give good performance including p2p. From "smallnetbuilder" charts I understand that the factors for this are: Total through output & Simultaneous connections, but they only review wireless combined routers.

Give me the option to determine a policy as follows: Each net user can use as much up&down bandwidth as he needs when unused by others, but if another computer needs bandwidth at the same time, it will be split evenly by all who need bandwidth at the moment. For example, if there are two users. One need 5% of the bandwidth and the other 100%, the last one will only get 95%. If 3 users all need 100% - each will get 33% etc...

I need a wired-only router because it's located in a basement. I intend to connect access point to it in different location of the building.

I need approx 8 wired connections, But I can also use a switch to expand, unless it has some problems?

Thank you for any help
Tom
June 15, 2007 9:03:12 PM

Juniper Netscreen 208...

Quote:
Hello,

I'm looking for a wired router that will:

Give good performance including p2p. From "smallnetbuilder" charts I understand that the factors for this are: Total through output & Simultaneous connections, but they only review wireless combined routers.

Give me the option to determine a policy as follows: Each net user can use as much up&down bandwidth as he needs when unused by others, but if another computer needs bandwidth at the same time, it will be split evenly by all who need bandwidth at the moment. For example, if there are two users. One need 5% of the bandwidth and the other 100%, the last one will only get 95%. If 3 users all need 100% - each will get 33% etc...

I need a wired-only router because it's located in a basement. I intend to connect access point to it in different location of the building.

I need approx 8 wired connections, But I can also use a switch to expand, unless it has some problems?

Thank you for any help
Tom
!