CANNOT GET RAID TO WORK WITH VISTA???!!!

moorebwb

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2007
Hi - some help please with my 2 * raptor 74gb...i have upgraded to vista from xp, and the 2 raptor drives were in raid, i installed vista onto another drive, the 2 raptors are there but separated, which drivers do i need? and were can i get them from? if someone can help outthere would be very grateful!

Chrism419

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2007
I really could use some help here…

I tried for 6 hours last night to upgrade from Windows XP SP2 to Windows Vista Ultimate only to get an error about 10 minutes into the upgrade.

I have run Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor and it says that it is upgradeable.

I was on the phone with Microsoft for 75 minutes trying to get this upgrade to happen and they couldn’t figure anything out over the phone except if I want a refund, they will be happy to help me. I do NOT want a refund…I want Vista Ultimate to work!

This is the problem I receive when trying to upgrade:

Close Windows installation and contact the device manufacturer for updated driver software for these devices:

SCSI and RAID controllers: Silicon Image 0680 Ultra-133 Medley ATA Raid Controller

The compatibility report will be saved to the current Windows desktop.

The above SCSI and RAID controller is listed on your list of approved list of hardware/software.

I have updated my drivers for this and still receive the same error. I would like to not have to pay someone else to do the install for me, but if it comes down to that, then I will.

Please let me know what I can do to fix this.

Thanks all,

Chris
[cmorin419@gmail.com]