vista will slow down with audio- atleast on network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
This is an old well-known issue that's been around since Vista was released. MS insiders have said that they believe a fix is in the works for SP1 - this looks to be a definite kernel issue and not driver related. Also, there is some issue whether all networking is affected or not because many Linksys and D-Link wireless users (no one is completely certain which products) do not appear to be affected.

pkellmey

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
This is an old well-known issue that's been around since Vista was released. MS insiders have said that they believe a fix is in the works for SP1 - this looks to be a definite kernel issue and not driver related. Also, there is some issue whether all networking is affected or not because many Linksys and D-Link wireless users (no one is completely certain which products) do not appear to be affected.

Solution

exit2dos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
I haven't messed with it yet, but there is a possible fix:

http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-12554-0.html?forumID=1&threadID=38024&messageID=697124&start=-1

pkellmey

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006

Over and over I am reading that people who notice the problem only get it for copies on the Private side of the network. The Public side (everything on the other side of the modem like the Internet) is unaffected by this bug. I would believe that it should be more related to audio apps and how they sense broadcast capabilities. I would believe that this fix by itself should not resolve the issue, but hey, it's worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.