How do you set up a D-link 4100 and a Vonage properly?

aciaman

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2007
My network goes Modem > D-link 4100 > Vonage router.

Ever since I replaced my old router with the D-link I have been getting lag spikes in multiplayer games. What I did was take my lan wire and plugged it into the Vonage instead and the lag spikes went away. Why is it when I do this instead of plugging directly into my D-link I get no lag spikes. The D-link is a gaming router and wouldn't you have the best connection plugged directly to the d-link? Is there a setting I need to change in the Voange router so I can benefit from Game Fuel or do I still get game fuel if im plugged into the Vonage router?

There are 4 computers in our house so only 3 can be plugged into the d-link so 1 port is free to hook up to the Vonage router.

El0him

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Probably because your vonage device is doing QOS and your gaming device is doing QOS and your computers are not; and since your computers are not setting their IP precedence, your DLINK is giving more priority to the Vonage traffic.

My network goes Modem > D-link 4100 > Vonage router.

Ever since I replaced my old router with the D-link I have been getting lag spikes in multiplayer games. What I did was take my lan wire and plugged it into the Vonage instead and the lag spikes went away. Why is it when I do this instead of plugging directly into my D-link I get no lag spikes. The D-link is a gaming router and wouldn't you have the best connection plugged directly to the d-link? Is there a setting I need to change in the Voange router so I can benefit from Game Fuel or do I still get game fuel if im plugged into the Vonage router?

There are 4 computers in our house so only 3 can be plugged into the d-link so 1 port is free to hook up to the Vonage router.