I downloaded msn messenger and decided I didn't like it and went to add
remove programs and unistalled it but it is still on my computer how can I
get rid of it? It's effecting my outlook express.

You're confusing MSN Messenger with Windows Messenger. While they share common features and purpose, they are separate programs. You can remove access to Windows Messenger from Add/Remove Program, Windows Components.

You can also uninstall Windows Messenger by going to www.dougknox.com, Win XP Utilties, Disable/Remove Windows Messenger.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.