PDA on Desktop

August 6, 2005 7:50:21 PM

Is there software out there that can show a PDA on a desktop computer in a
separate screen, and if the mouse goes over it, you will be able to control
the pda.

TX
JD

More about : pda desktop

Anonymous
August 6, 2005 8:10:36 PM

There's a program called Pocket Controller (Soft Object Technologies)
that allows you to control your PPC in another window when it's synced.
I use it frequently and I have to say it's not too shabby.
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 3:07:18 AM

For sure "John Doe"..... it is a Microsoft Powertoy for pocket pc called
"Remote Display Control". It works great (link and description below), Check
versions.
Homepages, links:
http://home.earthlink.net/~pdamobilecafe/

Remote Display Control - remote display/control for Pocket PC
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/pocketpc/msremotedisplay.h...
Remote Display Control is a Microsoft Powertoy, that enables you to display
actions on a Pocket PC, including user input, remotely on the display of a
desktop or laptop personal computer. This is a great tool for demonstrating
the Pocket PC to a large audience and you can also operate your device from
the desktop as all mouse actions are transferred (slow).

MORE FUN:

Theme Generator for Pocket PC 2002 2.0
http://download.com.com/3000-2161-10190624.html?tag=lis...
Build your own themes using the Theme Generator PowerToy. Pocket PC 2002
themes give you control over the look and feel of your Pocket PC 2002. The
Theme Generator allows you to choose the background picture and the start
menu graphic, and assign colors to menus, messages, and navigation bars.
Once you have created some great themes, they can be easily applied. You can
also share them with other Pocket PC 2002 owners simply by beaming them to
each other.

"John Doe" <blob@vpm.net> wrote in message
> Is there software out there that can show a PDA on a desktop computer in a
> separate screen, and if the mouse goes over it, you will be able to
> control
> the pda.
>
> TX
> JD

August 7, 2005 4:11:49 AM

"John Doe" <blob@vpm.net> wrote in message
> Is there software out there that can show a PDA on a desktop computer in a
> separate screen, and if the mouse goes over it, you will be able to
> control
> the pda.

Remote Display Control

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/wce/downlo...

--
WH
Anonymous

There is also Laplink controller:
http://www.clintonfitch.com/reviews/laplink/controller-...

--
Chris Tilley
Editor-in-Chief

"John Doe" <blob@vpm.net> wrote in message
> Is there software out there that can show a PDA on a desktop computer in a
> separate screen, and if the mouse goes over it, you will be able to
> control
> the pda.
>
> TX
> JD

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 1:33:33 PM

Which I found out is a rebranded version of Soti Pocket Controller... I use
the Laplink version, but they have the same functionality, features, menus,
etc.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
Software for Pocket PC and Smartphone: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
Software for Pocket PC directly on your device:
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/inhand.asp

"Chris Tilley - HPC:Factor" <chrisNOSPAMPLEASE@hpcfactor.com> wrote in
message news:eIPa%238zmFHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> There is also Laplink controller:
> http://www.clintonfitch.com/reviews/laplink/controller-...
>
> --
> Chris Tilley
> Editor-in-Chief
> HPC:Factor http://www.hpcfactor.com/
> HPC:Factor HPC Forums http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/
>
> "John Doe" <blob@vpm.net> wrote in message
>> Is there software out there that can show a PDA on a desktop computer in
>> separate screen, and if the mouse goes over it, you will be able to
>> control
>> the pda.
>>
>> TX
>> JD