Please help with vista problem.

rwsanford

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2007
:hello: Im having a problem with windows vista. I just bought a new computer and vista home premium for it and everything works fine i downloaded all the updates up to august 2007 malicious tool remover and for some reason i cant get anymore after this and it keeps downloading this same update about 100 times which is odd but this isnt the big problem. When i leave my computer on and im away from it for about 15 minutes or more i come back to the blue screen of death saying something about memory error then it restarts my vista from the beggining without anything installed and i have to keep repeating this process its very annoying are there any updates im missing and should download? Or is there something critically wrong here? Help would be appreciated thanks!
:sol: :ange:

Solution

memory error

Memory error doesn't have anything to do with updates, it has to do with faulty or failing memory. You should try one DIMM in slot one. Then try the other DIMM(s) as a single and try and find the bad DIMM. You can run memtset86 and look for errors. You should go into BIOS and bump up the memory voltage a notch or set the memory voltage to mfg. specs.

The update that keeps popping up may be for a program or device you are running like Word for example. You might try and uncheck or 'hide the update so it doesn't keep reappearing. Search microsoft for issues with the particular error.

Solution