Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Wireless
  • Mice
  • Keyboards
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
August 23, 2007 10:21:45 AM

Hi Guys, don't know if this is the right place to post this, but it looked about the best place.

I have a Creative Labs Wireless Desktop 6000 Keyboard and mouse. The mouse has started playing up, so I went out and bought a nice new Saitek GM3200 Laser Mouse.
Problem I didn't anticipate is because the Creative set uses a single receiver for the keyboard and mouse, I can't get the new mouse to work when the keyboard is plugged in. I've been to device manager, and tried to disable the old mouse, and tried to disable and then re-enable the new mouse, and I get a message saying that there is not enough USB bandwidth. I once got a message saying that the mouse had "been re-enabled successfully, but was still unable to start". In device manager, there are several HID compliant, and other HID items that I've tried disabling, but all to no avail. If I remove the keyboard and restart, the new mouse works great, but obviously this is no good for CSS.
I just want to be able to use my wireless keyboard, and my new mouse. Any ideas anyone ??
Or should I just go out and buy a new keyboard ? There has to be a work around.

More about : wireless keyboard usb mouse

August 25, 2007 7:30:28 AM

Did the wireless set come with a PS/2 adaptor? The new mouse? If so, use a PS/2 port for one device.
August 25, 2007 9:24:04 PM

No, neither did.
August 28, 2007 2:00:56 PM

The PS/2 adapters are pretty cheap, you should try that route before buying the new keyboard