2 creative cards won't work together

G

I am trying to run 2 X-FI's side by side under Vista, but the system keeps getting BSoD's on startup. If I remove one of the cards, it works fine.

Any reason why 2 of these cards won't work in the same system?
I'm thinking IRQ sharing may be the problem

I'm trying to set up a multipurpose system that has 3 distinct audio zones with 2 of them having video.

eg. playing a game in one zone, movie playing in the 2nd whilst having music playing in the 3rd.

I've done this on an earlier system using an Audigy 2 and the onboard sound for the 2 main zones, but it would be really handy if I can get a 3rd one going as well.
The X-FI's put out a really nice sound, so that's why I wanted 2 of them. My Mainboard only has 3 PCI slots and the last slot has a video card in there for the 2nd video output.

Board is a K9N NEO.

(I have also tried 2 Audigy 4's with same problem)

Solution
Creative's driver issues are legendary... it doesn't surprise me in the least when you can barely get one card working that two or more won't work at all. If you can try a card of a different brand, that would be ideal.

It does escape me as to why you feel the need to do this, however. The card can be configured to handle a variety of tasks all on it's own... you simply shouldn't need more that one X-Fi card to handle any audio tasks you're looking to accomplish. They are powerful cards designed to handle multiple audio streams simultaneously. Why double or triple your costs?

Creative's driver issues are legendary... it doesn't surprise me in the least when you can barely get one card working that two or more won't work at all. If you can try a card of a different brand, that would be ideal.

It does escape me as to why you feel the need to do this, however. The card can be configured to handle a variety of tasks all on it's own... you simply shouldn't need more that one X-Fi card to handle any audio tasks you're looking to accomplish. They are powerful cards designed to handle multiple audio streams simultaneously. Why double or triple your costs?

Solution
G

Well ideally, one card would be what I'd want. I'd configure it to handle multiple inputs to separate outputs simultaneously.

What's why I've gone for the multiple card setup, as I cannot get one card to pump out 3 distinct outputs at the same time without them playing over one another. I know of the kX Project, but that doesn't support the X-FI range unfortunately.