Quake 1 - Source of Armagon

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

Hi,

Using Windows XP.

1) I have no problems installing Quake and if so WinQuake runs fine on it
but regular Quake faults

2) If I install "Dissolution of Eternity" (Mission Pack 2), there is a lot
of complaints by the installer (I imagine the installation did not
anticipate hard disks bigger than 2Gb) but eventually it does install and is
playable with WinQuake.

3) If I try to install "Source of Armagon" (Mission Pack 1), it fails to
install. The installer faults. Playing around with WindowsXP compatibilty
settings allows me to get further but it still faults.

But I reckon I can install the files manually. Doees anyone know what is the
bare minimum set of files to copy over to get a functioning system? Any I
need to setup (like configs)? Is this info available on the net somewhere?

Thanks

SH

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 03:05:31 +0100, "Stephen Howe"
<sjhoweATdialDOTpipexDOTcom> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Using Windows XP.
>
>1) I have no problems installing Quake and if so WinQuake runs fine on it
>but regular Quake faults
>
>2) If I install "Dissolution of Eternity" (Mission Pack 2), there is a lot
>of complaints by the installer (I imagine the installation did not
>anticipate hard disks bigger than 2Gb) but eventually it does install and is
>playable with WinQuake.
>
>3) If I try to install "Source of Armagon" (Mission Pack 1), it fails to
>install. The installer faults. Playing around with WindowsXP compatibilty
>settings allows me to get further but it still faults.
>
>But I reckon I can install the files manually. Doees anyone know what is the
>bare minimum set of files to copy over to get a functioning system? Any I
>need to setup (like configs)? Is this info available on the net somewhere?

The files for Mission pack 1 are installed in subdirectory "hipnotic".
Mission pack 2, as you can tell, appears in "rogue". Don't use the
installers - they change around the version of Quake.exe causing problems.

Once you installed the files manually, you need a command line parameter to
get them started. You can either use the batch files installed with the
program, or launch the game manually.

Launching Mission Pack 1: "quake -hipnotic"
Launching Mission Pack 2: "quake -rogue"

Be sure to substitute "quake" with whatever version of Quake you are
running (e.g. WinQuake, GlQuake, etc.)

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

> The files for Mission pack 1 are installed in subdirectory "hipnotic".
> Mission pack 2, as you can tell, appears in "rogue". Don't use the
> installers - they change around the version of Quake.exe causing problems.
>
> Once you installed the files manually, you need a command line parameter
> get them started. You can either use the batch files installed with the
> program, or launch the game manually.
>
> Launching Mission Pack 1: "quake -hipnotic"
> Launching Mission Pack 2: "quake -rogue"

Ok that works. I have

config.cfg
PAK0.PAK

in hipnotic subdirectory and similar in rogue

Thanks

SH

TRENDING THREADS