Adding an Icon to the sidebar on the navigation dialog box..

Is there a way to add a shortcut to the navigation dialog boxes, on the
sidebar where there is My Documents, My Folders, etc. I don't want to do any
programming to make this happen.

Thank you for your assistance.
--
JimBo
3 answers Last reply

    Tweak UI for Windows XP. This is called the Other Places bar.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "JimBo" <JimBo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:307C74B9-3E69-4F42-958A-95B0C53389F8@microsoft.com...
    > Is there a way to add a shortcut to the navigation dialog boxes, on the
    > sidebar where there is My Documents, My Folders, etc. I don't want to do any
    > programming to make this happen.
    >
    > Thank you for your assistance.
    > --
    > JimBo

    Thank you Doug, I will install that power toy, or maybe I have already
    installed, I will have to check. After asking the question, I went and
    noodled around, and found under the Tools button on my navigation dialog box,
    "Add To My Places", and it adds whatever folder I have selected.

    On the other, hand, I will make use of your advice, and I really appreciate
    your quick response. From all of your work on this site, I think you must be
    a very nice person. I hope you keep it up.
    --
    JimBo

    "Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Tweak UI for Windows XP. This is called the Other Places bar.
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp
    >
    > --
    > Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display
    > Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    > http://www.dougknox.com
    > --------------------------------
    > --------------------------------
    > Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
    >
    > "JimBo" <JimBo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:307C74B9-3E69-4F42-958A-95B0C53389F8@microsoft.com...
    > > Is there a way to add a shortcut to the navigation dialog boxes, on the
    > > sidebar where there is My Documents, My Folders, etc. I don't want to do any
    > > programming to make this happen.
    > >
    > > Thank you for your assistance.
    > > --
    > > JimBo

    Be careful when you are downloading the TweakUI, make sure you download the
    one for 32 bit windows. It looks like there is a download already for the 64
    bit windows. It won't load or anything, but it will waste time.
    --
    JimBo

    "Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Tweak UI for Windows XP. This is called the Other Places bar.
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp
    >
    > --
    > Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display
    > Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    > http://www.dougknox.com
    > --------------------------------
    > Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
    >
    > "JimBo" <JimBo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:307C74B9-3E69-4F42-958A-95B0C53389F8@microsoft.com...
    > > Is there a way to add a shortcut to the navigation dialog boxes, on the
    > > sidebar where there is My Documents, My Folders, etc. I don't want to do any
    > > programming to make this happen.
    > >
    > > Thank you for your assistance.
    > > --
    > > JimBo