Adding an Icon to the sidebar on the navigation dialog box..

Jimbo

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004

Is there a way to add a shortcut to the navigation dialog boxes, on the
sidebar where there is My Documents, My Folders, etc. I don't want to do any
programming to make this happen.

Thank you for your assistance.
--
JimBo

Tweak UI for Windows XP. This is called the Other Places bar.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"JimBo" <JimBo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:307C74B9-3E69-4F42-958A-95B0C53389F8@microsoft.com...
> Is there a way to add a shortcut to the navigation dialog boxes, on the
> sidebar where there is My Documents, My Folders, etc. I don't want to do any
> programming to make this happen.
>
> Thank you for your assistance.
> --
> JimBo

Jimbo

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004

Thank you Doug, I will install that power toy, or maybe I have already
installed, I will have to check. After asking the question, I went and
noodled around, and found under the Tools button on my navigation dialog box,
"Add To My Places", and it adds whatever folder I have selected.

On the other, hand, I will make use of your advice, and I really appreciate
your quick response. From all of your work on this site, I think you must be
a very nice person. I hope you keep it up.
--
JimBo

"Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:

> Tweak UI for Windows XP. This is called the Other Places bar.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp
>
> --
> Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display
> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
> http://www.dougknox.com
> --------------------------------
> --------------------------------
> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>
> "JimBo" <JimBo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:307C74B9-3E69-4F42-958A-95B0C53389F8@microsoft.com...
> > Is there a way to add a shortcut to the navigation dialog boxes, on the
> > sidebar where there is My Documents, My Folders, etc. I don't want to do any
> > programming to make this happen.
> >
> > Thank you for your assistance.
> > --
> > JimBo

Jimbo

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004

Be careful when you are downloading the TweakUI, make sure you download the
one for 32 bit windows. It looks like there is a download already for the 64
bit windows. It won't load or anything, but it will waste time.
--
JimBo