Photo browser WITHOUT folder organizer

G

Hello. I am looking for a picture browser of the sort Windows XP had -- you have a folder with pictures, no matter where, you click on a file, a browser opens, you run through the pictures, you close it, and that's it. As if it never happened.

Seems like to browse pictures using PhotoGallery you first have to include the folder into the list of folders that Gallery monitors and only then you can browse. I absolutely hate that.

Any advice? Thanks

I have no problem with this using Windows Photo Gallery in Vista. I just double-click an image - in any folder - and I can use the buttons at the bottom to browse through all the images in that folder. The file type does have to be associated with Photo Gallery, of course, in order to double-click it in that fashion. If you click "Go To Gallery" inside that, it will indeed take you to the overall library that requires included folders, but that is different.

G

Maxxify, many thanks for your answer. I am not sure if we are talking abot the same thing. I meant folders within the Windows Explorer, not within the Photo Gallery. Do you mean the same?

When I double-click a file in the Explorer folder it opens the Gallery but does not show the file, only the overall library.