Best Free Spyware Removal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickpatbrown

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2007
I finally got something nasty on my computer. I downloaded some spyware programs and all they do is scan my computer. I can't fell that this is some sort of racket. Spyware infects, than they charge you 40.00$ to remove it. Are there any good, free spyware removal tools?

I downloaded adware, but it didn't do much. I have NIS 2007, it removed a tiny fraction of what was reported by Spybot and Spydoctor. Obviously, the ones pointing out all the trouble are asking for money.

Thanks for any help,
Ricky

physx7

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
Spybot is a good program. I have AVG anti-spyware no trouble with so far. They are both free removal tools.
And im pretty sure you could just google free anti-spyware and come up with a truckload of options.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Spybot is a good program. It's not unusual that sometimes you have to manually remove the virus or spyware. If you google the malware, you'll find instructions on how to remove it. In a lot of cases it's just deleting the file.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006

AVG has both an anitvirus and an antimalware program. I don't think there are any free programs that include both.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006

Yes, both Spybot Search and Destroy and AdAware are good, though the former seems to find things the latter doesn't recently. Neither are real time, that is you have to run them, they don't run in the background. I don't know of any free antimalware programs that are real time.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
It will take care of some of it. I'd suggest running both Spybot and either AdAware or AVG anti-spyware. Frequently with malware, you need to run more than one program to get it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.