Help with viewing PXL files on PC

August 7, 2005 1:39:23 PM

PXL files are Pocket PC excel file created on a Pocket PC. I can't seem to
view these file types on my desktop PC. Any suggestions?

Thanks - DP

More about : viewing pxl files

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 1:36:43 AM

"dp" <newjack1036@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:o vWzF62mFHA.3312@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> PXL files are Pocket PC excel file created on a Pocket PC. I can't seem to
> view these file types on my desktop PC. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks - DP

Use activesync to copy them to your PC with conversion to excel type. You
can't view them directly on your PC.
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 2:47:13 PM

"dp" <newjack1036@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:o vWzF62mFHA.3312@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> PXL files are Pocket PC excel file created on a Pocket PC. I can't seem to
> view these file types on my desktop PC. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks - DP

As Alan suggested Active Sync will conver these for you.

However, if you have WM2003 or later then turn this off and save to the XLS
format on the pocket PC directly, avoiding some "curosities" that tend to
happen during conversion to the PXL format from XLS, if such is done. IF
you do not have WM2003 or later then look at any of a number of Pocket Excel
replacements, some of which are free, some of which are rather full featured
but has a price (PlanMaker).

If you use a lot of XLS files and/or anything more than the simpleiest of
spreadsheets (formatting included) then I would at least consider avoiding
the PXL format altogether.

..02, FWIW
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 3:02:39 PM

"xTenn" <xTennREmoveThisPart@tds.net> wrote in message

> conver... IF...
> simpleiest...

My typing finger must be out of alignment again... :)
!