Thoras

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
My college just got signed up with the MSDN Academic alliance, and I've noticed that I'm able to cheaply get a hold of a version of vista business. I've been considering another hard drive and wouldn't mind putting vista on it to play around with, even though I'm currently happy with XP.

My system is basically a gaming system and I'm aware of all the issues currently with Vista and gaming. My question though is whether Vista business is any worse for gaming then other versions?

I checked out the comparison chart of the versions, but all I could see as the difference is it's missing media center/video creation stuff that I wouldn't use anyways. If there wasn't anything in vista business specifically limiting it's ability to play games etc, then I think I might try that out.

I just wouldn't want to waste my time if it was 'optimized' for business and missing key parts that would be used for gaming etc.

Solution
Nope.. go with it. I've worked with it.. you can always just disable what you don't want in Vista Business.

Each step up has more than the next version.. Business is a step up from Home.

You won't notice much differene, if anything. You can always disable stuff that you don't want loading anyhow.

Take advantage of the MSDN AA.

riser

Illustrious
Nope.. go with it. I've worked with it.. you can always just disable what you don't want in Vista Business.

Each step up has more than the next version.. Business is a step up from Home.

You won't notice much differene, if anything. You can always disable stuff that you don't want loading anyhow.

Take advantage of the MSDN AA.

Solution