Safely Remove Hardware disconnects me from the Web

Several days ago I found that every time I clicked on the "Safely Remove Hardware" button my Internet connection was terminated. This was even before I clicked on the device to be removed. I then have to reboot before I can reconnect as "there is no dialling tone". I presume that this is a software glitch, but I can find nothing relating to it on Microsoft's site and they want a large sum of money to engage in discussion with me.

What may be the problem?

What can I do about it?
3 answers Last reply
More about safely remove hardware disconnects
  1. hey make sure your modem device is not connected to the USB or may be your Network card.... my laptops' network card is connected to the USB so everytime i safely removes something i have to be very carefull may be your one is like that too not sure hope it helps
  2. hehe - just cause theres a "Safely Remove Hardware" icon in ya taskbar - no need to do it lol....

(unless needed)
  3. hehe then for what purpose there is " safely remove hardware " In xp u don't need to click that remove but in vista when you unplug it like that and plug it in, there comes a windows like you want to scan errors or not and it had not been remover properly last time which scare me .
Ask a new question

Read More

Hardware Internet Connection Windows XP