DoMTaR

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2007
Hey guys,
I know this is a common problem due to some research on the web, but im gonna try and pick your brains anyways :)

I am currently running home premium 32 bit OS...and whenever I try and open up my control panel ( to do anything...) it flashes and disappears. Its a fantastic bug really :(
Only way to access it is through safe mode (with no networking or cmd prompt!)
Was just hoping one of you guys have found a fix.
Thanks,

Solution
scan for viruses, if it's clean than you have the same issue as many people using vista, there is an issue with "software licensing"
How To Create A Batch File To Restart Software Licensing

1. Create a New Text Document onto your Desktop.

2. Open the Document and copy and paste the following:

@net stop "Software Licensing"
@net start "Software Licensing"

3. Save and Close the Document.

4. Rename the Document [something].bat (eg. tempFix.bat)

5. Right click on the file, select Properties, and make sure that you specify to run the script in administrative mode.

6. Move the file into your Startup folder.

7. Restart your Computer and the script will automatically restart Software Licensing for you! TempFix 2.0 for Vista's Control...

Assman

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2005
scan for viruses, if it's clean than you have the same issue as many people using vista, there is an issue with "software licensing"
How To Create A Batch File To Restart Software Licensing

1. Create a New Text Document onto your Desktop.

2. Open the Document and copy and paste the following:

@net stop "Software Licensing"
@net start "Software Licensing"

3. Save and Close the Document.

4. Rename the Document [something].bat (eg. tempFix.bat)

5. Right click on the file, select Properties, and make sure that you specify to run the script in administrative mode.

6. Move the file into your Startup folder.

7. Restart your Computer and the script will automatically restart Software Licensing for you! TempFix 2.0 for Vista's Control Panel.
- source http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/566941-vista-control-panel-problem-please.html

that fix helps me with control panel issue until a permanent fix is released.

Solution