sharp910sh

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2007
ok, i have xp, and i have a vista disc, i was wondering if i could dual boot with vista so i dont have to format my hdd when loading vista? as i dont want to lose all my applications.

sharp910sh

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2007
hmm i cud try that, i have 3 hard drives 2 of them filled with films 400 gb and 500 gb. plus a 320 internal hdd. so unless i copied all my data over it wont work.

let me explain i have xp, but it wont validate sand he 1 day left top validate it. so my friend gave me his vista disc and told me to try it out for a month so i can find out which OS i prefer. so if i copy all my data from my external hdd to internal and boot from my external. then i have 2 boots drives and a external hdd. leaving me with all my software on the internal. so when i do buy a copy of vista/xp, all i have to do is copy the data back to my external and ill have a clean hdd to load vista. is there any way i can partition my hdd though? which has xp on it?

Do a search on your OS built in search for 'windows validation' . Try and validate with the built in program online. The number directory will appear. Windows Validation should be on your 'start' menu.