Running Applications in a Window that don't support it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sicuro

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2007
I find it really annoying when games don't support windows mode. Now there are programs out there like "DXWND" that will force a program into running in windows mode, yet when programs like those fail you start to retreat to easier solutions.

Windows Mode Shortcut:
Alt+Enter or Alt+Windows Key+Enter

If that fails..

Command Codes on the Shortcut Target Path:
-w
-windows
-ne

When those fail however you are basically out of luck.. I believe. This is where Tom's Hardware community comes in. I am trying to run www.starsonata.com in a windows mode. DXWND was working up to the last patch for the game so I am coming to you guys for help.

Is there some sort of program out there that allows you to simulate a window, so that you can run programs like this in a separate window?

The game is a small download, so if you guys want to test it out.. or simply just give me a program to try... I would appreciate it.

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
Well I play c&c win 95 dos in xp so I cannot see why that don't work,
click the Icon and try compatibality mode of what os you think that game is desgined for. click 640x480, disable visual themes and advanced text. Some games you can leave visual themes on

sicuro

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2007
That's not the point of it. I want to run the game in windows mode and it doesn't support windows mode. So I was looking for a program that simulates a window...

Status
Not open for further replies.