Computer boots, But windows wont load.. HELPP PLEASEEE

Tags:
  • Computer
  • Boot
  • Command Prompt
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
May 10, 2007 2:47:34 PM

hello, I was using my computer yesterday and the monitor suddenly went off. the music kept playing because the computer was on, so i decided to restart the system... the monitor didnt turned back on... and windows wouldnt load... I get a bsod with a UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME error.

At this time I tried to boot from the windows xp cd but I cant even get into the recovery console to use the chkdsk command or the fixboot command. If I try to install windows again the cd says that there is an error with a i8042prt.sys file and it reboots itself. It seems the problem is a corrupted boot.ini file but If I cant even get to the recovery console or any console to even run a low level format, What can I do? this is sicked :oops: 

I already tried resettin the cmos, I took out the bat and installed it again... I even tried with another hdd with winxp installed, and when I tried to boot from that hdd, I get the same bsod with the unmountable boot volume error :evil: 

so:
no windows loading posible
cant get to recovery console
cant boot in safe mode or any of the submodes(command prompt and network)

ideas ?

More about : computer boots windows wont load helpp pleaseee

May 10, 2007 3:40:05 PM

Quote:
hello, I was using my computer yesterday and the monitor suddenly went off. the music kept playing because the computer was on, so i decided to restart the system... the monitor didnt turned back on... and windows wouldnt load... I get a bsod with a UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME error.

At this time I tried to boot from the windows xp cd but I cant even get into the recovery console to use the chkdsk command or the fixboot command. If I try to install windows again the cd says that there is an error with a i8042prt.sys file and it reboots itself. It seems the problem is a corrupted boot.ini file but If I cant even get to the recovery console or any console to even run a low level format, What can I do? this is sicked :oops: 

I already tried resettin the cmos, I took out the bat and installed it again... I even tried with another hdd with winxp installed, and when I tried to boot from that hdd, I get the same bsod with the unmountable boot volume error :evil: 

so:
no windows loading posible
cant get to recovery console
cant boot in safe mode or any of the submodes(command prompt and network)

ideas ?

have you tried booting from floppy and restoring your MBR.

You may need to look this up but the command to replace your master boot record is something like this.

FDISK \MBR
May 10, 2007 4:12:36 PM

I dont have a floppy and If I just could get to the console I could fix the mbr or something else...
Related resources
May 10, 2007 4:55:24 PM

What error do you get when you boot from the windows CD? People without floppy drives should get a USB floppy, or a bootable CD with memory and HD diagnostics on it.

Mike.
May 10, 2007 6:58:51 PM

allright, I solved the problem but I never knew what it was. I got a new xp cd and this time I installed everything without a problem..my lcd monitor a benq 17' is dead ... I dont know if they can be repaired..

my 1st suspect is still a defective battery or a virus that killed my boot.ini file!
thanx for your replies guys
!