How do I allow Pop Ups

May 10, 2005 5:26:03 PM

I've unchecked the pop up blocker on the privacy tab of IE properies but
still all pop ups are still blocked. Even if I specify to allow a particular
website it still blocks pop ups! please help...
--
David

More about : pop ups

May 10, 2005 8:37:29 PM

In news:05D83023-1122-465D-8A4A-4D841F32A320@microsoft.com,
David G <DavidG@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I've unchecked the pop up blocker on the privacy tab of IE properies
> but still all pop ups are still blocked. Even if I specify to allow
> a particular website it still blocks pop ups! please help...

Do you have another application that's preventing them from opening? Say a
third party firewall, a popup blocker? Have you disabled scripts? Are you
getting the band across the top that says that IE has blocked the popups or
are you just getting nothing?

How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express ...:

Galen

Sherlock Holmes
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 8:37:30 PM

The pop ups only seem to be blocked when the non-administrator user accounts
are logged on. I'm the administrator but haven't to my knowledge set any
restrictions! I'm only using the XP firewall. I get the band across the
bottom to say they are blocked but next to them is an icon which says pop ups
are not blocked! Disabled script debugging is checked however
--
David

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:05D83023-1122-465D-8A4A-4D841F32A320@microsoft.com,
> David G <DavidG@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> > I've unchecked the pop up blocker on the privacy tab of IE properies
> > but still all pop ups are still blocked. Even if I specify to allow
> > a particular website it still blocks pop ups! please help...
>
> Do you have another application that's preventing them from opening? Say a
> third party firewall, a popup blocker? Have you disabled scripts? Are you
> getting the band across the top that says that IE has blocked the popups or
> are you just getting nothing?
>
> How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express ...:
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "And that recommendation, with the exaggerated estimate of my ability
> with which he prefaced it, was, if you will believe me, Watson, the
> very first thing which ever made me feel that a profession might be
> made out of what had up to that time been the merest hobby."
>
> Sherlock Holmes

Related resources
May 10, 2005 9:29:38 PM

In news:3E97F307-ADC2-4E51-93F1-3C7383910F40@microsoft.com,
David G <DavidG@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> The pop ups only seem to be blocked when the non-administrator user
> accounts are logged on. I'm the administrator but haven't to my
> knowledge set any restrictions! I'm only using the XP firewall. I
> get the band across the bottom to say they are blocked but next to
> them is an icon which says pop ups are not blocked! Disabled script
> debugging is checked however

I'm not even sure that there are any restrictions for that??? This is going
to sound crazy but I've got to ask. Has the popup blocker been disabled for
the user's account in question or did you just disable it on the
administrator account? It's possible that IE has decided to go corrupt on
you and a repair installation of IE might do the trick.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 12:35:38 PM

> In news:3E97F307-ADC2-4E51-93F1-3C7383910F40@microsoft.com,
> David G <DavidG@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

>> The pop ups only seem to be blocked when the non-administrator user
>> accounts are logged on. I'm the administrator but haven't to my
>> knowledge set any restrictions! I'm only using the XP firewall. I
>> get the band across the bottom to say they are blocked but next to
>> them is an icon which says pop ups are not blocked! Disabled script
>> debugging is checked however
>
> I'm not even sure that there are any restrictions for that??? This is
> going to sound crazy but I've got to ask. Has the popup blocker been
> disabled for the user's account in question or did you just disable it on
> the administrator account? It's possible that IE has decided to go corrupt
> on you and a repair installation of IE might do the trick.
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "And that recommendation, with the exaggerated estimate of my ability
> with which he prefaced it, was, if you will believe me, Watson, the
> very first thing which ever made me feel that a profession might be
> made out of what had up to that time been the merest hobby."
>
> Sherlock Holmes

Have you got a pop up blocker control under your Tool options? Just a
thought because I have.
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 10:51:38 PM

Would your firewall be blocking them?