Sign in with
Your question

Barcelona will defeat the C2D at same frequency?

Last response: in CPUs
May 10, 2007 4:33:57 PM

I have a strong feeling about this despite I have nothing to prove it.

but we can see the roadmap of AMD,the barcelona is just up to 2.5GHz,don't you think it is a bit lower ?as we knew,the C2D has been up to 2.93GHz and a 3.33GHz later,and the barcelona will be the new weapon of AMD to stand against Intel,now I can't say that barcelona will defeat the C2D,but I guess the barcelona will have better performance at same frequency.

If not, AMD lost

I hope AMD can do this :) 
May 10, 2007 4:55:48 PM

keep your noobish opinions to yourself :|
May 10, 2007 4:58:49 PM

I think the Sun is going to supernova tomorrow, but I don't have any proof. If it happens, we're all screwed! Hope it doesn't!!
Related resources
May 10, 2007 5:32:16 PM

anyone bet with me? 8)
May 10, 2007 5:36:38 PM

Next babalapia will give us the date of the second coming.
May 10, 2007 5:37:38 PM

Quote:
anyone bet with me? 8)

you got no case, move along now :!:
May 10, 2007 5:38:37 PM

And you base this all on conjecture?

*Sigh*
May 10, 2007 5:46:52 PM

Quote:
And you base this all on conjecture?

*Sigh*

yeah,just a guess
May 10, 2007 5:51:21 PM

but if a 2.5g barcelona can't defeat a 2.5g C2D,what is going to happen? I think AMD should know
May 10, 2007 5:53:59 PM

Just a suggestion from a vet to a newbie, next time, if you don't really have evidence or a link to back it up or aren't looking to say discuss the merits of said opinion, just attach it to one of the many Barcelona threads floating around. People are already twitchy with the lack of actual proof on K10.

But to answer you question, if Barcelona can't outright defeat Conroe or at least make gains, then AMD is looking at some dark times. *Shrug*

Then they'd have to depend on Torrenza and Fusion to pull them thru.
May 10, 2007 6:03:23 PM

Quote:
I like cheese.

GAH!! Cheese! You dairy product fanboi!!1!!
May 10, 2007 6:04:48 PM

I love lamp.
May 10, 2007 6:07:48 PM

Quote:
Just a suggestion from a vet to a newbie, next time, if you don't really have evidence or a link to back it up or aren't looking to say discuss the merits of said opinion, just attach it to one of the many Barcelona threads floating around. People are already twitchy with the lack of actual proof on K10.

But to answer you question, if Barcelona can't outright defeat Conroe or at least make gains, then AMD is looking at some dark times. *Shrug*

do you think the Fusion have a happey future? it is the reason Amd bought Ati?
May 10, 2007 6:10:37 PM

Quote:

do you think the Fusion have a happey future? it is the reason Amd bought Ati?No... They bought ATI because they thought that green and red go nice together.. Always reminds them of christmas time. :x
a b à CPUs
May 10, 2007 6:14:09 PM

Quote:
I have a strong feeling about this despite I have nothing to prove it.

'Nuff said...
May 10, 2007 6:15:58 PM

Quote:
I love lamp.

GAH! LAMP!! fanbois are showing their true colors now :roll:
May 10, 2007 6:19:30 PM

Quote:

do you think the Fusion have a happey future? it is the reason Amd bought Ati?
I don't know for sure since I don't sit on the AMD board, but most people say that they bought ATI for the chipset business, especially for mobile.
a b à CPUs
May 10, 2007 6:20:00 PM

Quote:
They bought ATI because they thought that green and red go nice together.. Always reminds them of christmas time. :x

Here I thought it was to salute the Green and Red of County Mayo?!

Oh, the green and red of Mayo!

Up Mayo! Up Kerry!

I wish the televised Hurling here in the States...
May 10, 2007 6:20:51 PM

Quote:
I like cheese.

Ummmm, Cheeeeeeesssse.

I'm hungry now for some reason. 8O
May 10, 2007 6:35:35 PM

sigh! sorry about this
May 10, 2007 7:26:59 PM

Quote:
sigh! sorry about this

It's a tough crowd.

The nerve of them expecting more from a thread than opinion and conjecture. :roll:
May 10, 2007 7:30:32 PM

Quote:
I pick 3.6Ghz
run them both at that speed and lets see who wins

Problem, Intel's proc will run at the frequency, I don't think AMD will make it there.
May 10, 2007 7:37:32 PM

Quote:
I pick 3.6Ghz
run them both at that speed and lets see who wins

Problem, Intel's proc will run at the frequency, I don't think AMD will make it there.

We won't know that for sure until K10 is out for a while.
May 10, 2007 7:38:28 PM

C'mon, ease up on the guy/girl. No need for everyone to jump on the poster. I think it was a genuine statement.

*Not directed at you Vern, just tacking it on the last post*
May 10, 2007 7:42:45 PM

I've seen the video, but we could all do well to just give some advice to a newbie instead of going postal.
May 10, 2007 7:46:18 PM

OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111!
May 10, 2007 8:05:10 PM

Cheese and Curling. A great combo.

I enjoyed watching the canadian women's curling team during the olympics. I think there were 5 redheads on that team.
May 10, 2007 8:10:00 PM

Quote:
Cheese and Curling. A great combo.

I love cheese curls.
May 10, 2007 8:12:39 PM

I live in Wisconsin, land of cheese. Suttner's cheese on highway 29 near Curtiss, Wisconsin. Best fucking cheese curds I've ever had.
May 10, 2007 8:17:55 PM

Quote:
I live in Wisconsin, land of cheese. Suttner's cheese on highway 29 near Curtiss, Wisconsin. Best ****** cheese curds I've ever had.

Looks like my unit will be mobilizing in Wisconsin somewhere in between July and September. I'l have to try the cheese curd. :) 
May 10, 2007 8:43:19 PM

I figure the frequency will be around twice per week, but never on Sundays.
May 10, 2007 9:08:52 PM

incandsent or flouresent??
May 10, 2007 11:08:28 PM

Quote:
I live in Wisconsin, land of cheese. Suttner's cheese on highway 29 near Curtiss, Wisconsin. Best ****** cheese curds I've ever had.

I'll say it again. ummmm, cheeeesssseee.

I'm hunger again. 8O
I have Cabbot now :D 
May 11, 2007 7:04:15 PM

Quote:
sigh! sorry about this

Ahhhh, no big deal --- don't let these bozos bother you, they will poke a little fun at the post/thread.... but they don't really mean anything mean by it.

The subject is indeed interesting, it was the presentation -- now if you would have brought some information with you or posted a new analysis that some may not have seen and drew some conclusions based on some reasonable idea of how, say shared L3 cache improves IPC.... well, then you have a great thread and a good debate starting....

Jack

Jack is right with everything he said here.
!