Barcelona will defeat the C2D at same frequency?

babalapia

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2007
I have a strong feeling about this despite I have nothing to prove it.

but we can see the roadmap of AMD,the barcelona is just up to 2.5GHz,don't you think it is a bit lower ?as we knew,the C2D has been up to 2.93GHz and a 3.33GHz later,and the barcelona will be the new weapon of AMD to stand against Intel,now I can't say that barcelona will defeat the C2D,but I guess the barcelona will have better performance at same frequency.

If not, AMD lost

I hope AMD can do this :)

MonocleCat

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2007
I think the Sun is going to supernova tomorrow, but I don't have any proof. If it happens, we're all screwed! Hope it doesn't!!

Just a suggestion from a vet to a newbie, next time, if you don't really have evidence or a link to back it up or aren't looking to say discuss the merits of said opinion, just attach it to one of the many Barcelona threads floating around. People are already twitchy with the lack of actual proof on K10.

But to answer you question, if Barcelona can't outright defeat Conroe or at least make gains, then AMD is looking at some dark times. *Shrug*

Then they'd have to depend on Torrenza and Fusion to pull them thru.

babalapia

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2007
Just a suggestion from a vet to a newbie, next time, if you don't really have evidence or a link to back it up or aren't looking to say discuss the merits of said opinion, just attach it to one of the many Barcelona threads floating around. People are already twitchy with the lack of actual proof on K10.

But to answer you question, if Barcelona can't outright defeat Conroe or at least make gains, then AMD is looking at some dark times. *Shrug*

do you think the Fusion have a happey future? it is the reason Amd bought Ati?

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006

do you think the Fusion have a happey future? it is the reason Amd bought Ati?No... They bought ATI because they thought that green and red go nice together.. Always reminds them of christmas time. :x

do you think the Fusion have a happey future? it is the reason Amd bought Ati?
I don't know for sure since I don't sit on the AMD board, but most people say that they bought ATI for the chipset business, especially for mobile.

They bought ATI because they thought that green and red go nice together.. Always reminds them of christmas time. :x

Here I thought it was to salute the Green and Red of County Mayo?!

Oh, the green and red of Mayo!

Up Mayo! Up Kerry!

I wish the televised Hurling here in the States...