Samsung hlp5674 question

I am interested in the Samsung dlp 56" hlp 5674. I'd like to see the
picture before I purchase it. Does anyone have an idea if it is any stores
yet? Or when it might be in stores? Will Circuit City or Best Buy carry
it? Any help would be appreciated.
8 answers Last reply
More about samsung hlp5674 question

    Either retailer should have the item available, BTW look at the SONY and
    Hitachi models also. Priced comparable to the Samsung with a better overall
    service record. IMHO

    "Art" <plotsligt@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Either retailer should have the item available, BTW look at the SONY and
    > Hitachi models also. Priced comparable to the Samsung with a better
    > overall service record. IMHO

    Thanks. I suppose you are suggesting a lcd rear projection? I don't know
    much about them. How do they compare with dlp? Good from wide viewing
    area? No burn in? Durability? Any good web site to learn from?

    Can you or anyone suggest a Hitachi model in the 56 to 60" range that you
    like? I have a samsung 43" dlp and need a second tv. The sammy is very
    good, though not too good on standard def tv.

    > "LarryLOOK" <anonlmp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>I am interested in the Samsung dlp 56" hlp 5674. I'd like to see the
    >>picture before I purchase it. Does anyone have an idea if it is any
    >>stores yet? Or when it might be in stores? Will Circuit City or Best Buy
    >>carry it? Any help would be appreciated.

    Hi Larry: I have a 50 inch Samsung DLP Pedestal HDTV. It is great. samsung
    has come a long way.
    Alan/FL

    "LarryLOOK" <anonlmp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I am interested in the Samsung dlp 56" hlp 5674. I'd like to see the
    >picture before I purchase it. Does anyone have an idea if it is any stores
    >yet? Or when it might be in stores? Will Circuit City or Best Buy carry
    >it? Any help would be appreciated.

    I don't think Best Buy or Circuit City will be carrying any of the HLPxx74
    models. You have to go to Tweeter or some similar store for those.

    Brad

    "LarryLOOK" <anonlmp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I am interested in the Samsung dlp 56" hlp 5674. I'd like to see the
    >picture before I purchase it. Does anyone have an idea if it is any stores
    >yet? Or when it might be in stores? Will Circuit City or Best Buy carry
    >it? Any help would be appreciated.

    "LarryLOOK" <anonlmp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I am interested in the Samsung dlp 56" hlp 5674. I'd like to see the
    >picture before I purchase it. Does anyone have an idea if it is any stores
    >yet? Or when it might be in stores? Will Circuit City or Best Buy carry
    >it? Any help would be appreciated.

    Best Buy and Circuit City do not carry the xx74 series yet. Tweeter does
    carry it but does not display the 56 inch model (some display the 46 inch).
    The store retail price for the 5674 has varied but hovers around $4199.
    Tweeter's on-line price is $3899 (plus hundreds for shipping!).

    However, the in-store price is very negotiable, especially if you couple it
    with an extended warranty, which has a much a larger profit margin. I got
    the set ($4199) plus three year extended warranty that includes bulb
    replacement ($299) plus local delivery ($40) plus COMCAST rebate ($100) for
    $4000. The negotiating was so smooth (only one trip by salesperson to the
    store manager) that one could probably do better than this deal, but on the
    flip side you may not get as much of a discount if you don't want the
    warranty. Anyway, the bill of sale, of course, levies the entire discount
    on the price of the set. I mention this because I presume there would be a
    more difficult round of negotiating if one needed to trade it back in for a
    different brand or model set for any reason.

    In article <js-dnVTIrrLC8VjcRVn-3Q@comcast.com>,
    "joemira" <joemira@home.com> wrote:

    > Best Buy and Circuit City do not carry the xx74 series yet. Tweeter
    > does carry it but does not display the 56 inch model (some display
    > the 46 inch).

    Showcase Video (a subsidiary of Tweeter) in Chandler, AZ carries the 56
    inch model now.

    Magnolia Home Theater is located in Best Buy and they carry the hlp5674.
    Personally I couldn't see much difference between the 5674 and the 5665
    although the 5674 uses the HD2+ (0.8 technology) chip.

    http://store.yahoo.com/hypeaudio/hlp5674w.html has it listed on
    line for $3399 and no taxes or shipping fee. I didn't phone them to
    confirm the price though.

    Magnolia Home Theater is located in Best Buy and they carry the hlp5674.
    Personally I couldn't see much difference between the 5674 and the 5665
    although the 5674 uses the HD2+ (0.8 technology) chip.

    http://store.yahoo.com/hypeaudio/hlp5674w.html has it listed on
    line for $3399 and no taxes or shipping fee. I didn't phone them to
    confirm the price though.

HDTV TV Samsung Home Theatre