cforbin

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2007
:( So, I was having problems with my FIOS set-up. Turns out this last time, was not Verizon's fault, my onboard LAN was having issues. I hadn't updated the drivers in a while. So, the great Verizon techs, helped and after they left, I started to update my NVidia drivers. Went to CNET ran this outdated driver scan. The long and short, I messed up so bad, that I decided to reformat my c drive and start all over. Not a biggie since I have all my files on my other drives. So this is where I need help. I formated my c drive, all that is showing is the C and my one optical D:. The first disk runs and loads just fine. Then it asks for the second disk and nothing. I put it in the drive, the drive recognizes it, then nothing. So right now I have a pretty, large paperweight.

What should I do? I am seriously getting desperate.

My system specs: AMD Dual core 3800
Media Center 2005
NVidia 7600 GT video card
Creative Audigy 2
Epox 9npa + ultra motherboard
2gbs corsair
36.7 raptor
400gb hard drive
250 gb hard drive
160 gb hard drive
Silicon Image sata controller
Rosewell 16x pata optical drive
Plextor 16x sata optical drive

Thanks for any help

tuckerjensen

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2007
What happened when you reformatted? Did you begin a clean XP install (x64 or 32bit?)
I have been having issues with the 7-series drivers lately as well.
XFX 7900GS SLI

riser

Illustrious
2 disks? What disks are you using? Windows should be 1 CD, not two?

Or did you get Windows to load up?

If you're in Windows, check to see if your other hard drive is showing up under Disk Management under System in Control Panel. It may just need a drive letter ***, or imported as a foreign disk.