ASUS P5N-E-SLI PCProbe problem

My new mobo is a P5N-E-SLI with a E6600 cpu, EVGA 8800 GTS 320 gpu.and 2 GB corsair ram and win XP.
I have ironed some memory problems and my system seems pretty stable for now, but,
I cannot run PC Probe II. I tried to uninstall and run the new version v.10412 but I cannot uninstall it because I get this error: unhandled exception-error 0x80040702-failed to load .dll:uninsthlp.
I have searched the original disk that came with the mobo, I have searched the updated version I DL'd from ASUS and cannot find that .dll
I have DL'd SANDRA to try and monitor my sytem that way but it gives me a error message there are no environmental monitors detected ?No fan no temp no voltage monitors.So I cant check system info unless im it the BIOS. Can anyone point me in the right direction to resolve this issue.Other than a new mobo
I also have a lot entries in my Device manager-System Devices.
19 entries of PCI standard Ram controller, 5 entries of PCI to PCI Bridge etc.
:http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i249/CentralCal/Systemdevices.jpg
Any help with this issue is appreciated also. Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about asus pcprobe problem
  1. Try installing the latest bios for the motherboard. I have had some wierd reactions from pcprobe after bios was updated. I was able to cure my problems by going to beta version of the bios. I now have the latest for my MB loaded (non beta) and it is working again.
  2. Quote:
    Try installing the latest bios for the motherboard. I have had some wierd reactions from pcprobe after bios was updated. I was able to cure my problems by going to beta version of the bios. I now have the latest for my MB loaded (non beta) and it is working again.

Thanks for the reply.. I used the "EZBIOS" utility to try and upgrade my bios (0602)and got an error message: this downgrade file is not compatible with this system. ???????? What in the HADES is going on?
  3. manually download the latest for your board. Then use ezbios to upgrade the bios from file. I seen this problem also! Make sure the version you get is newer than the version on the board. You may need to reinstall pcprobe after successfully installing a new bios. I remember a time when this sort of thing actually was QA'ed but those days are gone now it is up to the buyer of the hardware/software to make it all work.
  4. Thanks for the help and replies. I did DL the latest BIOS and tried to use the "EZbios" function BUT I got an error message that told me that it was not compatible with my system. That was the last straw. I took it back to local pc store,exchanged it for a Gigabyte 965P-DS3 and was up and running in no time. Thanks again.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards SLI