PC DOS 2000 and Windows 3.1

Hi,
Can Windows 3.1 be run under PC DOS 2000? and is PC DOS 32-bit and
compatible with Windows 3.1 16-bit environment? Thanks
Jck
8 answers Last reply
More about 2000 windows

    PC DOS 2k is PC DOS 7.01 (Y2k compliant) From what I remember PC DOS would
    allow win 3.1 to work. PC DOS is NOT a 32K ops system to the best of my
    knowledge. I would expect a blend of 8 and 16 bit code.

    "Jacky Luk" <jl@knight.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Can Windows 3.1 be run under PC DOS 2000? and is PC DOS 32-bit and
    > compatible with Windows 3.1 16-bit environment? Thanks
    > Jck

    Hi, Jacky.

    What is PC DOS 2000? Is it a Microsoft product?

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    "Jacky Luk" <jl@knight.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Can Windows 3.1 be run under PC DOS 2000? and is PC DOS 32-bit and
    > compatible with Windows 3.1 16-bit environment? Thanks
    > Jck

    I do believe that IBM were responsible for it..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> wrote in message
    > Hi, Jacky.
    >
    > What is PC DOS 2000? Is it a Microsoft product?
    >
    > RC
    > --
    > R. C. White, CPA
    > San Marcos, TX
    > rc@corridor.net
    > Microsoft Windows MVP
    >
    > "Jacky Luk" <jl@knight.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >> Can Windows 3.1 be run under PC DOS 2000? and is PC DOS 32-bit and
    >> compatible with Windows 3.1 16-bit environment? Thanks
    >> Jck

    "Jacky Luk" <jl@knight.com> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >Can Windows 3.1 be run under PC DOS 2000? and is PC DOS 32-bit and
    >compatible with Windows 3.1 16-bit environment? Thanks
    >Jck

    You will have a much better chance of getting a useful response to
    this question if you post to a newsgroup that deals with DOS and
    Windows 3.x matters rather than one that is for Windows XP.

    Try microsoft.public.win3x_wfw_dos

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    According to this link
    http://www.osdata.com/system/physical/physical.htm#numbits MS DOS is 16-bit
    OS, it will only run on a very low-end 80x86 (486, 386, 286 etc) system

    Anyway Google for "PC-DOS 2000" and you'll find a skadillion entries
    (107,000 actually).

    "Jacky Luk" <jl@knight.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Can Windows 3.1 be run under PC DOS 2000? and is PC DOS 32-bit and
    > compatible with Windows 3.1 16-bit environment? Thanks
    > Jck

    Thanks everyone, i'll try that.
    Jack

    "Ron Martell" <ron.martell@gmail.com>
    ???????:quk4811clj1e291cj4g2bc0o84e7thteg4@4ax.com...
    > "Jacky Luk" <jl@knight.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>Can Windows 3.1 be run under PC DOS 2000? and is PC DOS 32-bit and
    >>compatible with Windows 3.1 16-bit environment? Thanks
    >>Jck
    >>

    > You will have a much better chance of getting a useful response to
    > this question if you post to a newsgroup that deals with DOS and
    > Windows 3.x matters rather than one that is for Windows XP.
    >
    > Try microsoft.public.win3x_wfw_dos
    >
    > Good luck
    >

    > Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    > --
    > Microsoft MVP
    > On-Line Help Computer Service
    > http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

    > http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    the original PC-DOS on which MS-DOS is based.

    "R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> wrote in message
    > Hi, Jacky.
    >
    > What is PC DOS 2000? Is it a Microsoft product?
    >
    > RC
    > --
    > R. C. White, CPA
    > San Marcos, TX
    > rc@corridor.net
    > Microsoft Windows MVP
    >
    > "Jacky Luk" <jl@knight.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >> Can Windows 3.1 be run under PC DOS 2000? and is PC DOS 32-bit and
    >> compatible with Windows 3.1 16-bit environment? Thanks
    >> Jck

    Andrew

    FYI.. http://www.hodgy.net/computer_history/page_2/page_2%20dos.htm

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Andrew Murray" <SPAMadmurray@BUSTER.iinet.net.au> wrote in message
    > the original PC-DOS on which MS-DOS is based.
    >
    > "R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> wrote in message
    >> Hi, Jacky.
    >>
    >> What is PC DOS 2000? Is it a Microsoft product?
    >>
    >> RC
    >> --
    >> R. C. White, CPA
    >> San Marcos, TX
    >> rc@corridor.net
    >> Microsoft Windows MVP
    >>
    >> "Jacky Luk" <jl@knight.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>> Can Windows 3.1 be run under PC DOS 2000? and is PC DOS 32-bit and
    >>> compatible with Windows 3.1 16-bit environment? Thanks
    >>> Jck

DOS Microsoft Compatibility Windows XP